Anderson Valley Wineries to visit

I will be traveling to see my daughter over the Thanksgiving Holiday and she lives close to Anderson Valley. What are some of the wineries up there that we should not miss. I know Copain and Rhys along with others source up there but I’m not familiar with any wineries there.
Thanks [thankyou.gif] and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Joe Webb (Foursight) and Paul Gordon (Halcon) are on WB and well worth a visit (you’ll need an appointment for Halcon and I recommend one with Joe to make sure you can meet him). Navarro and Roederer Estate are classic, fun visits.

Phillips Hill Winery - been on their mailing list for years. Just built a brand new tasting room. http://www.phillipshill.com

+1 on Foursight. Add Baxter for Pinots and Meyers Family Cellars for Syrah and Cabs.

Came to the board to look for Anderson Valley recommendations and there is already a thread going. I’m going to be doing some exploring this weekend.

The plan is to hit up:
Knez and other wineries at The Madrones(probably do lunch at the restaurant there)
Roederer
Lichen
Navarro
Foursight
Toulouse

Is Poe in the area and open for tastings at all?

I’ll have to check out Halcon(where Copain gets fruit from?) and see if I can get an appointment.

Good list - Knez, Foursight, and Navarro would be my main picks from these, and I’d add Baxter as Aaron mentioned. Others I’d suggest that have tasting rooms include Balo, Drew, and Witching Stick. Halcon would be fun to visit though they’re slightly out of the way in Yorkville Highlands and would be by appointment as noted. And some longtime Anderson Valley standard-bearers that I should mention include Elke, Handley, and Husch. Be sure you make a stop for Mexican food at Libby’s in Philo!

FWIW, here’s a write-up I did on last year’s Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival:
Anderson Valley Pinot Noir Festival, May 17, 2014

Another plus on Navarro. Great tasting room, very friendly people (at least they were when I was there a decade ago), and a wide range of wines to be tasted. Beautiful country there but lots of very windy roads.

+1 on Toulouse…really enjoyed their pinot noir on last visit.

No love for Goldeneye.

Always liked Hawkes Cabernet’s. They have a tasting room in Anderson Valley and no reservations required.

I liked it when that chick crushed the dude with her thighs.

Lots of good recs. Certainly, Navarro, Foursight, Roederer, Baxter and Drew. One missing is Scharffenberger. Their sparklers are really good, especially the rose IMHO.

Hawkes is in Alexander Valley.

A little late to the party here but stop on by. I won’t be here tomorrow but if you have not stopped by please do so.

Mary Elke is definitely worth a stop if you have extra time. No appointment necessary and you’ll get to try multiple vintages of her wines grown right there in her Donnelly Creek Vineyard, highly recommend the “blue diamond” pinot.