Schrader caution

I just received an e mail from Schrader. Some of you may want to take down your posting to sell that wine (although it may be too late).

Since our inception, our goal has been to create the finest wines possible and offer them to our Cabernet faithful friends to enjoy at prices well below market fare.

I am reaching out to you because it has come to my attention that you have chosen to pursue second hand sales of your Schrader offers. For the upcoming 2014 Schrader release, my understanding is that you have already posted on WineBerserkers.com that you are interested in selling wines that have not yet been offered to you, in addition to posting your 2013 offer. It is clear from this action that you have no interest in enjoying our wines. As stated in our policies, the action of resale disqualifies you from Schrader Cellars Mailing List membership. As such, you will no longer be receiving offers for our wines.

Truth be told, they’re doing me a big favor. My wife has retired and we’re watching our dollars.

Thanks fred. [cheers.gif]

BUSTED!

Does this also include trading a few bottles for other cool wine’s?

I’m more upset about the lost airline miles than I am about the wine. neener

Read the letter. I’m not reading anything into it. Maybe you should e mail them and ask. [stirthepothal.gif]

Sour cabernet grapes? neener

Whilst they have every right to sell to whoever they wish and every right to query why you’re offering unshipped wines, I am amused by the way they start the email “I am reaching out to you” and then proceed to kick your ass off the mailing list.

They aren’t “reaching out to you”. They’re berating you and telling you they want nothing more to do with you.

Much as I despise the phrase “reaching out to you”, its use here is rather incongruous with what follows.

regards
Ian

fair enough email ion my eyes. Dan you handled it with class. Good to know for them if I am ever interested in getting on their list. Thanks

I’ve never had a Schrader wine a have no desire for one, but I am curious as to what “well below market fare” translates.

Frankly, the way recognized businesses are protecting their names lately, I’m surprised this doesn’t happen more often. Ask a European Rolex owner what happens when he sells it to an American and tries to ship it into the US.

What happens ?

The watch is confiscated. Rolex got a court order to stop “unauthorized” sales of their product to the US.

Is Dennis a European Rolex Owner? newhere

Ha ha.

That is great. I have zero intention of selling my 2013 Schrader wines and hope that loyalty will be rewarded with an allocation of 2014.

And just so it is clear, Fred reached out directly and privately to him. I think that was far classier than offering wines for sale from a vintage he doesnt even own.

Dennis sorry but that is utter crap in terms of a sale through an authorized dealer or legitimate private party sale. Where they do crack down is on the grey market, but that is only on the operations who don’t know how to properly cover their tracks.

Rolex employees get discounted prices, and on that count yes the serial number gets registered and the employee will lose their job if they sell it on. Even gifting to family members is tightly controlled (a former colleague’s husband worked for them in GVA doing cadran design)…but all of this depends upon it going to the factory for service.

I have three Swiss watches purchased through European grey market dealers (one out of Germany and the two others out of Switzerland) and all of them have been in for factory service both here and in Switz. Never a problem.

TimeofSwitzerland

Two grey market dealers who have been around forever and have impeccable reputations.

Hahaha! No, a former multi-Rolex owner residing in scenic New Jersey. Sold’em for a couple vintage Audemars Piguets. [cheers.gif]

If you’re wondering, it does NOT smell in my town… but I do live near a Turnpike exit so I’m only half a cliché. [wink.gif]

It appears the restriction has been lifted, but up until 2013 it was not “utter crap”. Didn’t know it had been changed until I Googled it because of your post.

Is the Schrader secondary market, other than Old Sparky considerably more than release?

I guess I can understand if the response had something to do with you being a list member and selling, while it’s not fair to others on the wait list sitting patiently for their name to be called. The most common response from the few producers that I have spoken with as to why they don’t like secondary market sales, is not the profit margin, but rather people that don’t properly care for the wine, then sell it to buyers or place in auction, only to have the end drinker have negative experiences with “cooked” wine, then spread the word about why its not that good or worth the money, thus tainting the brand.

I am asking this question not to be a troll, cause controversy, stir the pot, etc. I am just curious.

If this wine were to be sold via an auction house or website, vs published on Commerce Corner by the mailing list member, the identity of the seller would be unknown? Unless the bottles are serialized?