1999 Château Gazin (Pomerol) - Fantastic!

Just a post on a bottle I drank last night that really did it for me.

• 1999 Château Gazin Pomerol - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Pomerol (11/17/2015)
    This was was flat out fantastic. Classic bordeaux in a neither classic nor modern style that is drinking in a beautiful stage of maturity. It pours fairly dark in color with only mild bricking. The nose is powerful out of the gate and only picks of steam with time breathing in bottle and in the glass. The nose is of dark cherry, plush dark plum, charcoal, pipe tobacco, old leather, toast, grilled meat, moss, black truffle, a hint of cool mint, and a hint of espresso. Classic Bordeaux. The palate is lush with moderate sweet tannin, abundant fruit and a medium plus finish built on the wonderful secondary tobacco/leather notes. Of course there’s a little brett on this wine, but if you don’t like it at these levels, Bordeaux may not be for you. This was a well stored bottle so I suppose some experiences could vary. I really feel 93 a conservative score, at times I found the nose so complex and powerful that I was nearly classic. Awesome wine and a good value. (93 pts.)

Very reliable producer, the 1995 vintage has been drinking well for the last 3 yrs.

Thanks for the note, Chris. The CT reviews are all over the place on this one.

I was actually shocked to see that. Unless there’s was showing completely, anyone who gets Bordeaux should appreciate this.