Zinfandel Day Tomorrow

What will you be enjoying tomorrow in celebration of Zinfandel Day? My wife and I will most likely open something from Biale, maybe a 2012 Aldo’s or Monte Rosso.

Ridge Geyserville 2013. Been waiting to try the '13.

Leaning towards a Turley. It’s more a matter of which one and which vintage will go with dinner.

2009 Carlisle Papera to celebrate the delivery in Los Angeles of my shipment from Carlisle tomorrow.

2012 Selby Bobcat
Going for high octane.

Digging deep: 2004 Saxon-Brown Casa Santinamaria Vineyard and 2007 Neyers Zinfandel High Valley Vineyards

Try to temper your enthusiasm. While its quite good now, its way too early to be wowed.

Papera is the wine that turned me into a Carlisle convert. Are you sure your delivery is tomorrow? I’m in NorCal and didn’t receive notice so just logged in and still see:

“Requested Ship Ground - November 17, 2015”. “Tracking numbers will appear below, when available”.

I’m sure.

I have about 575 bottles in my basement. About 500 of them are Zinfandel.
At my house, every day is Zinfandel Day.
Phil Jones

Party at your house tomorrow, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Noted, thanks. Finally found one at retail to try before deciding to order…will keep your comment in mind.

Hmmm…this may call for another '95 Ridge Pagani

On Zinfandel day do people dress up in Tribidrag?

Great one, David.
Tom

Now there’s a name from the dim/distant past. Haven’t seen nor tried her wines for many a year.
How are Susie’s wines these days, Evan??
Haven’t heard of EricRussell’s wines in many a moon, either.
Tom

You must have been round #1… Just got my tracking number, and in the reference field: “Carlisle (Round #2)”.

Round 1 (the first offering from the 2013 vintage) shipped to Los Angeles in March. The UPS tracking e-mail for Round 2 was sent a day late and the body of the e-mail shows delivery tomorrow. I panicked but then clicked on the tracking link and it shows delivery today, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

David

I am going to a meeting of the Securities Committee of the Bar Association tonight and they always have crappy wine, so I think I will bring a 2013 Carlisle RRV Old Vines, which I happen to have in my office.

Because I have no patience, I opened a '13 OV earlier this week. (I was in the first shipping group) It’s still a little soon to tell, but early indications are that this is as good (or --gulp-- maybe better) than Bedrock’s '13 OV, which was my previous QPR winner in CA zindandel. I wish I’d gone much deeper on it. It’s surprisingly approachable for its age, and I doubt you’ll be disappointed.