Shipping CA wines to Rome

I have a friend who wants to ship wine to his cousins in Rome. Anyone know the best way to do this? Wines are from Napa. TIA.

Something feels very, very wrong about shipping CA wine to the old world.

Shipping a lot? Like 10s of cases or more? Or the odd box?

small volume might lean toward air freighting. It likely won’t be cheap at all. But even sea freight costs will really add up especially if a small volume that doesn’t hit various minimums.

For a couple cases only I think there are some specialty companies that will handle this end to end for you. Per case will still be relatively expensive… But should all be do-able.

Fed Ex would work.
The recipient may need to pay VAT on the value.

I would be happy to provide you labels and you could reimburse me for the shipping charges.

I’ve never been hassled about wines I’ve brought to Europe, but there could be customs issues if you ship them. Best to ask the shipping company first.

Are the wines “from” Napa or are they “coming from” Napa? If they’re physically in Napa now then I can heartily recommend the Bay Area firm Wine By Air International, (650) 508-9631. They’ll pick up the wine and will take care of all the arrangements. Not cheap, but everything is done legally/properly.

Thanks all. I think he just ordered from Benchmark wines and they are handling it.