end Montgomery County MD beer wine spirits monopoly

Hyper local issue here but quite important to many of us in Maryland’s DC suburbs. Is this even the right forum? I will give it a try.

I am very active in the movement to break Montgomery County’s monopoly on the sale of beer, wine and spirits. Adam Pugnacco recently launched a petition in support of abolishing the monopoly. If you are like minded, especially if you live, work and/or vote in Montgomery County, could you sign the petition here Petition · End the Monopoly!  Let the Voters Decide! · Change.org, add your comments and share it on social media?

Thanks,

Justin McInerny
Capital Beer & Wine
Bethesda

How is this actually going to help? I believe that people have a short memory and signing some petition online does not go as far as it once did. I only ask because I to want the monopoly to end. Wouldn’t it be better to inform people which candidates support ending it/support/back a candidate willing to stop it. Rally and inform people during elections.

Edit for auto correct

The petition writer is doing grass roots organizing of consumers. I am organizing licensees. If you want to get involved PM me or contact Adam Pagnucco, the guy who started the petition. Eight out of nine county council members are opposed to opening up the market. Roger Berliner is the only one who wants to end the monopoly. The legislature is quite a bit different. Frick, Fedlman, Korman and many others support opening up the market.