TN: Four and a half PYCM premier cru.

FOUR AND A HALF PYCM PREMIER CRU. - (11/11/2015)

Posted from CellarTracker

Very nice, Brad. I love those wines.

Hope you are well.

Thanks for the notes. When I tasted several of the 12s, the Caillerets turned out to be my favorite, just because of that leaner, more mineral style. Some of the other 12s had a bit more ripeness than I would prefer.

Great wines from PYCM…

Thought the Champs Gain was a Puligny. Don’t have much of 2012PYCM (a few St Aubin) but found a supplier for 2013s and hope they are as good as you describe.

there is a champs gain in both puligny and chassagne. pycm makes both “versions”

Very nice notes.

My first experience w PYCM was at RN74 several years ago. Been seeking them out since. Just fantastic stuff.

I put the notes up last night after dinner, but here’s the editorial. As expected the Perrieres and Charmes were the stars. Interestingly, we were split right down the middle (3 and 3) on our favorite. Initially the Perrieres was shining, but the Charmes kept getting better and better. Both are worth the tariff and are good buys.
I expected to like the Caillerets more as I’m a fan of the vineyard. It was good, but for me not worth the price.
The surprise was the Narvaux, which we all loved. Definitely a good buy.
And as indicated, the Champs-Gain was a disappointment all the way around. We had another one of these last week, and it was equally uninspiring. I kept asking if anyone could say something nice about it, and nada.

It’s kinda crazy how much better the puligny version is of the champs gain.

I remember having the 10 puligny and not knowing there was a chassange version. Just grabbed the next champ gains I saw and thought “man this is nowhere near as good as the last one”.

Now I only buy the puligny version. The chassange is consistently not as good

Meursault Charmes and Chassagne Caillerets are two I buy every vintage when offered. (I am lucky to get offered in most vintages) They are always great. Nice notes here.

The Charmes was one of the few, maybe the only '12 White I liked at La Paulee.