Give CO wine a taste...

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#51 Post by Kyle Schlachter » October 3rd, 2017, 12:47 pm

Let's give this a go again. I'll be shipping the 2017 winners to various wine media and now it's time for 6 Berserkers to get some wine. What I am proposing again is sending six of you a few bottles of CO wine so you may share your thoughts (good or bad) here with the community. Each person will get 2 wines of my choosing. If you would like to taste a few CO wines, the first six people interested to post will get a box of wine via FedEx. [berserker.gif]
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#52 Post by Michael Martin » October 3rd, 2017, 12:49 pm

I've did it two years ago, but I would be happy to do it again. I can even pick them up from you.

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#53 Post by Bdklein » October 3rd, 2017, 1:05 pm

If it's free (or near free), it's for me!!
I'd give them a whirl with some friends and family and report back.
Bruce Klein

D.Callahan
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#54 Post by D.Callahan » October 3rd, 2017, 2:03 pm

Michael if you are offering again you can count me in! Just ship to:

Dennis Callahan
C/O Off the Vine
26641 Cabot Road
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

I'll look forward to setting up a neighborhood taste event.
Dennis Callahan

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#55 Post by Ron Slye » October 3rd, 2017, 2:23 pm

I would be happy to try -- have not tried Colorado wine yet!

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#56 Post by Bdklein » October 3rd, 2017, 4:34 pm

Bdklein wrote:If it's free (or near free), it's for me!!
I'd give them a whirl with some friends and family and report back.
I just hope they don't give me Rocky Mountain Barking Spider-or maybe I do!!!
Bruce Klein

BlaineRyanHunt

Give CO wine a taste...

#57 Post by BlaineRyanHunt » October 3rd, 2017, 5:34 pm

I'm definitely interested!

J Krauss

Give CO wine a taste...

#58 Post by J Krauss » October 4th, 2017, 12:31 am

I'd love to try some CO wines!
Jared
ITB, restaurant wine buyer

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#59 Post by Kyle Schlachter » October 4th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Thanks everyone! Looks like we have our group. PM me shipping addresses and if you want to mention style/variety preferences I'll see what I can do. There is a quite the mix of wines:

Bookcliff Vineyards Riesling
Whitewater Hill Vineyards Sweet Red
Decadent Saint Cabernet Sauvignon
Creekside Cellars Cabernet Franc
The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey Merlot Reserve
Colorado Cider Company Grasshop'ah
Meadery of the Rockies Strawberry Honey
Guy Drew Vineyards Syrah
Carlson Vineyards Lemberger
Colorado Cellars Raspberry
Infinite Monkey Theorem Sparkling Albarino
Two Rivers Port
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#60 Post by Kyle Schlachter » October 24th, 2017, 12:54 pm

I'm sending the wines out today via FedEx. Each of you will get three wines. Two from this year's Case (one sweet-ish, one dry) and one red from the previous year's Case that people tried last year.
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#61 Post by Michael Martin » October 24th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Thanks Kyle.

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#62 Post by Ron Slye » October 24th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Looking forward to it. Got the notice that it was on its way!

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#63 Post by Bdklein » October 24th, 2017, 7:06 pm

Ron Slye wrote:Looking forward to it. Got the notice that it was on its way!
+1. Perhaps some insight on the wines (cellaring, decanting, serving temp., food pairing, etc.) would be beneficial to us novices .
Bruce Klein

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#64 Post by Bdklein » October 28th, 2017, 9:44 am

Bdklein wrote:
Ron Slye wrote:Looking forward to it. Got the notice that it was on its way!
+1. Perhaps some insight on the wines (cellaring, decanting, serving temp., food pairing, etc.) would be beneficial to us novices .
Bump.
Bruce Klein

Mel Hill

Give CO wine a taste...

#65 Post by Mel Hill » October 28th, 2017, 10:16 am

I would treat them just like young wines from anywhere. I’ve had all these wines and I didn’t find any of them in need of long decants. FWIW, when we poured these for the judges they were pretty much pop and pour.

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#66 Post by Ron Slye » October 28th, 2017, 11:03 am

My three bottles arrived yesterday. I am going to let them rest a week perhaps (unless you think longer?) I assume we are to post our notes on this thread --and maybe CT too?

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#67 Post by Kyle Schlachter » October 28th, 2017, 6:03 pm

Give them a few days to rest from the journey and then go ahead and pop n pour. If you have them over an evening that gives you an opportunity to see if/how they change. Post notes here and wherever else you like!
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#68 Post by Bdklein » October 28th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Thanks Kyle and all.
Bruce Klein

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#69 Post by Ron Slye » October 28th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Kyle Schlachter wrote:Give them a few days to rest from the journey and then go ahead and pop n pour. If you have them over an evening that gives you an opportunity to see if/how they change. Post notes here and wherever else you like!
Thanks Kyle. Will do!

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#70 Post by Ron Slye » November 9th, 2017, 10:48 am

Ok, here are my notes on the three wines I tasted. First of all thanks to Kyle for generously arranging this. I had two Cabernet Francs and a Raspberry wine (which was really grape wine with raspberry juice added).

2014 Cab Franc – Creekside Cellars

Very pleasant drinking. Evident use of oak gives a somewhat creamy vanilla flavor. There is some nice fruit, but the mid palate shuts down a bit, and there is a slight bitterness to the finish. It went pretty well with the burgers we were eating. I would say this was a good everyday wine. Not a lot of depth, and not sure that it will improve much with age. 83

2013 Bookcliff Cabernet Franc Reserve

Dusty nose, with that strong note of pencil lead that one associates with a Bdx cab franc. This is pretty delicious on pop n pour. Some nice tight fruits, with a hint of pencil lead and other savory flavors in the background. After a few hours it starts to flatten out a bit – a bit more of the fruit, a bit less of the savory structure. This is a really solid wine. I would definitely consider buying/drinking this again. 88

NV Colorado Cellars Raspberry.

This is pretty much as advertised. While not my cup of tea, this was not as sweet as I feared it might be. It seems like a good wine to have with a premium mass market chocolate -- someone suggested dark chocolate Hersheys. I will not rate this, as I am clearly not the intended market for it. If there was nothing else to drink at the end of the meal, and I was looking for something to sip on with a dessert, I would probably go for one glass.

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#71 Post by Michael Martin » November 9th, 2017, 7:04 pm

First off, thank you to Kyle for letting us participate for the second time. Living in Colorado we have a chance to drink Colorado wines often. We have found that the quality of the fruit and the skill of the winemaker has improved over the last 10 years. The industry has progressed from tourist oriented wines/venues to more wine drinkers’ wines and fun to explore wineries.

Kyle gave us an Albariño sparkling wine, a Port and a Bordeaux blend.
I will report on the Port first.
Here is how the winery describes it

Two Rivers Port, 2013
...velvety, ruby-styled Port is very well balanced and just plain delicious. Warm aromas of cocoa powder and mint lead the way into sweet and spicy flavors, including chocolate and wild berries. Pair with chocolate covered strawberries or your favorite chocolate dessert. Also tastes great with books and fireplaces.

Our impressions were an iron nose with deep, dense boysenberry, cola and toast on day 1.
By day 4, we got more black licorice, liquid candy. Not a traditional port, but more of a late harvest wine. Very good as a dessert wine. Got better and better with air. Quality wine, without a doubt. If grading as a late harvest, would give it a 90.
Attachments
D385CA1F-2333-42D3-A0F9-E40E33CE6E2E.jpeg

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#72 Post by Michael Martin » November 16th, 2017, 1:14 pm

We sampled the 2nd of our 3 wines. It was a 2013 Bookcliff Ensemble, a Bordeaux blend.
We popped and poured, but the wine really started to open up about an hour in. Very good Bordeaux style. Black cherry, tobacco, pepper and espresso. Deep flavors, nice complexity with a slightly tannic, but long finish. One of the better Colorado wines we've had in awhile. Would rate it a 92 if scoring.
Attachments
th.jpg

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#73 Post by Ron Slye » November 16th, 2017, 2:07 pm

Based on my experience with the Bookcliff Cab Franc, I would be very interested in drinking more wines from that winery. Particularly as the Cab Franc seems to be a $15 bottle, it is a great qpr. And like your bdx blend, it opened up and got better over time.

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#74 Post by Michael Martin » November 16th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Ron Slye wrote:Based on my experience with the Bookcliff Cab Franc, I would be very interested in drinking more wines from that winery. Particularly as the Cab Franc seems to be a $15 bottle, it is a great qpr. And like your bdx blend, it opened up and got better over time.
If there is one grape that Colorado does really well, it’s Cab Franc.

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#75 Post by Kyle Schlachter » November 16th, 2017, 6:24 pm

Ron Slye wrote:Based on my experience with the Bookcliff Cab Franc, I would be very interested in drinking more wines from that winery. Particularly as the Cab Franc seems to be a $15 bottle, it is a great qpr. And like your bdx blend, it opened up and got better over time.
Creekside CF is $45
Bookcliff CF is $25
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Ron Slye
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#76 Post by Ron Slye » November 16th, 2017, 7:51 pm

That is still a good deal on the Bookcliff CF -- I was very intrigued with it.

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#77 Post by Kyle Schlachter » November 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm

You should give the Ensemble and the Reserve Malbec a try!
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Mel Hill

Give CO wine a taste...

#78 Post by Mel Hill » November 16th, 2017, 8:19 pm

spent the last two years of working (pouring for judges and tasting) the CO wine competition, Brookcliff and Creekside are the two top wineries for the state IMHO.

mseeber

Give CO wine a taste...

#79 Post by mseeber » November 17th, 2017, 7:20 am

I would add Colterris and Canyon Wind (now closed) to the top 5 in the state despite Jay & Jen Christianson’s decision to switch gears (selling their vineyards and tasting room to Colterris) and focus on other endeavors. Has anyone tried Continental Divide wines? It looks like Jay is consulting there so I would expect the wines to be of high quality (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Riesling).
M a r k S e e b e r
CT=mseeber

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#80 Post by Michael Martin » November 17th, 2017, 7:32 am

mseeber wrote:I would add Colterris and Canyon Wind (now closed) to the top 5 in the state despite Jay & Jen Christianson’s decision to switch gears (selling their vineyards and tasting room to Colterris) and focus on other endeavors. Has anyone tried Continental Divide wines? It looks like Jay is consulting there so I would expect the wines to be of high quality (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Riesling).
Not a big fan of Colterris. Their wines get close, but then something seems a bit off to me. Now that they are going the can route, not sure that is in my wheelhouse. I wonder what they are going to use the Canyon Wind vineyards for? The Christianson's turned out a really nice Petit Verdot from them. I was sad to see them move on.

mseeber

Give CO wine a taste...

#81 Post by mseeber » November 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

Michael Martin wrote:
mseeber wrote:I would add Colterris and Canyon Wind (now closed) to the top 5 in the state despite Jay & Jen Christianson’s decision to switch gears (selling their vineyards and tasting room to Colterris) and focus on other endeavors. Has anyone tried Continental Divide wines? It looks like Jay is consulting there so I would expect the wines to be of high quality (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Riesling).
Not a big fan of Colterris. Their wines get close, but then something seems a bit off to me. Now that they are going the can route, not sure that is in my wheelhouse. I wonder what they are going to use the Canyon Wind vineyards for? The Christianson's turned out a really nice Petit Verdot from them. I was sad to see them move on.

It looks like the Petit Verdot is being used as a blending component for now, no single varietal that is currently available. I also imagine they are using more of the less interesting vines for their can offerings, leaving the better grapes for their >$20 bottles...but that’s a guess (maybe Jay would opine if he is able and willing and without an NDA). I would concur that Colterris isn’t as consistent as Bookcliff or Creekside (hence top 5) yet there are certainly some nice values in their upper level reds. I believe they are using Canyon Winds tasting room now year round since it is slightly easier to reach. I’d have to do some sleuthing to figure out specifically how the addition of Canyon Wind grapes altered their portfolio.
M a r k S e e b e r
CT=mseeber

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#82 Post by Michael Martin » November 17th, 2017, 9:28 am

mseeber wrote:
Michael Martin wrote:

It looks like the Petit Verdot is being used as a blending component for now, no single varietal that is currently available. I also imagine they are using more of the less interesting vines for their can offerings, leaving the better grapes for their >$20 bottles...but that’s a guess (maybe Jay would opine if he is able and willing and without an NDA). I would concur that Colterris isn’t as consistent as Bookcliff or Creekside (hence top 5) yet there are certainly some nice values in their upper level reds. I believe they are using Canyon Winds tasting room now year round since it is slightly easier to reach. I’d have to do some sleuthing to figure out specifically how the addition of Canyon Wind grapes altered their portfolio.
We'll have to stop in the tasting room next time we are out in Palisade. Always enjoy that part of the state.

mseeber

Give CO wine a taste...

#83 Post by mseeber » November 17th, 2017, 9:54 am

Hopefully Scott High (co-owner of Colterris) is there when you visit. He has an interesting background (he drove us around on his property when we were there, chatted with us for over an hour teaching us about the area and their vision. Both he and his wife are very hospitable) and clearly loves what he does. He also owns Classic Wines (marketeer/distributor) in Denver FWIW.
M a r k S e e b e r
CT=mseeber

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#84 Post by Michael Martin » November 17th, 2017, 10:29 am

mseeber wrote:Hopefully Scott High (co-owner of Colterris) is there when you visit. He has an interesting background (he drove us around on his property when we were there, chatted with us for over an hour teaching us about the area and their vision. Both he and his wife are very hospitable) and clearly loves what he does. He also owns Classic Wines (marketeer/distributor) in Denver FWIW.
I’ve met her before, but not him. I think their Denver wine cellar made a cover of Wine Spectator a few years back.

D.Callahan
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#85 Post by D.Callahan » November 30th, 2017, 7:11 pm

• 2014 Whitewater Hill Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, Colorado, Grand Valley (11/27/2017)
    Well made Cabernet from Colorado. Mineral and some dark red fruit on the nose and palate, somewhat simple for my taste but no real negatives. (86 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

Good wine and a pretty good value.
Dennis Callahan

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#86 Post by Michael Martin » December 1st, 2017, 4:45 pm

A fun and interesting Colorado bubbles: Infinite Monkey Theorem 2013 Sparkling Albariño.

I had never heard of a sparkling Albarino, but I have had some of the still versions of this grape.

First off is the beautiful and uniquely painted bottle. My pictures don’t do it justice.

Very crisp, dry, kiwi, salt and lime with a clean finish. Very nice surprise for a wine, let alone a Colorado wine. $55. Would buy again if I could find it. 92 pts.
Attachments
1376C354-855F-4987-A133-FD99B2FDF52F.jpeg
0F28CB7E-070E-485B-8C18-7565B6E70756.jpeg

Bdklein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#87 Post by Bdklein » December 31st, 2017, 7:38 pm

Bdklein wrote:Thanks Kyle and all.
Had the 2013 Kingman Cabernet Sauvignon. What's the price point???
Bruce Klein

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#88 Post by Kyle Schlachter » December 31st, 2017, 9:30 pm

I’ve seen it in retail for $16. I think they had it at the Winery for $24.
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Give CO wine a taste...

#89 Post by Michael Martin » January 11th, 2018, 8:35 am

Interesting that Colorado's wine country, the Grand Valley, was included in this list. I was kind of hoping that it would remain a secret a little while longer.

http://www.winemag.com/top-10-wine-trav ... ways-2018/

Kyle Schlachter

Give CO wine a taste...

#90 Post by Kyle Schlachter » January 12th, 2018, 11:06 am

Glad to see the secret is getting out!
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

Kyle Schlachter

Re: Give CO wine a taste...

#91 Post by Kyle Schlachter » October 25th, 2018, 11:26 am

Shall we give this a go again this year? I'm in the process of shipping the 2018 winners to various wine media and now it's time for Berserkers to get some wine [berserker.gif] . What I am proposing again is sending seven of you a few bottles of CO wine so you may share your thoughts (good or bad) here with the community. Each person will get 2 wines (one wine will get doubled up as we have 13 wines). If you would like to taste a few CO wines, the first seven people interested to post will get a box of wine via FedEx (or can pick up for those Denver-area Berserkers). I will consider requests for specific wines...

If you're interested, here is Alder Yarrow's article on the competition for JancisRobinson.com.

Here are the wines:
2018 GOVERNOR’S CUP COLLECTION (Top 13 scoring wines)
Bookcliff Vineyards (Boulder) - 2015 Cabernet Franc Reserve, Colorado
Bookcliff Vineyards (Boulder) - 2016 Tempranillo, Colorado
Carlson Vineyards (Palisade) - Plum Wine, 100% Grand Valley plums
Carlson Vineyards (Palisade) - 2017 Sweet Gewürztraminer, Grand Valley AVA
Colorado Cellars (Palisade) - 1999 Port, Colorado
Colterris (Palisade) - 2017 “CORAL” White Cabernet Sauvignon, Grand Valley AVA
Colterris (Palisade) - 2016 “Estate Selection, Riverside Vineyard” Merlot, Grand Valley AVA
Colterris (Palisade) - 2016 Petit Verdot, Grand Valley AVA
The Infinite Monkey Theorem (Denver) - 2016 Cabernet Franc, Grand Valley AVA
Monkshood Cellars (Minturn) - 2016 Syrah, Grand Valley AVA
Red Fox Cellars (Palisade) - 2016 Teroldego, Grand Valley AVA
Snowy Peaks Winery (Estes Park) - 2016 Elevé (Rhône-style red blend), Grand Valley AVA
Whitewater Hill Vineyards (Grand Junction) - 2017 Riesling, Grand Valley AVA

We do have a public food/wine event where we announce the Best of Show called Colorado Uncorked on November 8 in Denver.
champagne.gif
Colorado Wine Press
@COWinePress

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

MeMeMe...

#92 Post by TomHill » October 25th, 2018, 11:39 am

Kyle Schlachter wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 11:26 am
Shall we give this a go again this year? I'm in the process of shipping the 2018 winners to various wine media and now it's time for Berserkers to get some wine [berserker.gif] . What I am proposing again is sending seven of you a few bottles of CO wine so you may share your thoughts (good or bad) here with the community. Each person will get 2 wines (one wine will get doubled up as we have 13 wines). If you would like to taste a few CO wines, the first seven people interested to post will get a box of wine via FedEx (or can pick up for those Denver-area Berserkers). I will consider requests for specific wines...

If you're interested, here is Alder Yarrow's article on the competition for JancisRobinson.com.

Here are the wines:
2018 GOVERNOR’S CUP COLLECTION (Top 13 scoring wines)
Bookcliff Vineyards (Boulder) - 2015 Cabernet Franc Reserve, Colorado
Bookcliff Vineyards (Boulder) - 2016 Tempranillo, Colorado
Carlson Vineyards (Palisade) - Plum Wine, 100% Grand Valley plums
Carlson Vineyards (Palisade) - 2017 Sweet Gewürztraminer, Grand Valley AVA
Colorado Cellars (Palisade) - 1999 Port, Colorado
Colterris (Palisade) - 2017 “CORAL” White Cabernet Sauvignon, Grand Valley AVA
Colterris (Palisade) - 2016 “Estate Selection, Riverside Vineyard” Merlot, Grand Valley AVA
Colterris (Palisade) - 2016 Petit Verdot, Grand Valley AVA
The Infinite Monkey Theorem (Denver) - 2016 Cabernet Franc, Grand Valley AVA
Monkshood Cellars (Minturn) - 2016 Syrah, Grand Valley AVA
Red Fox Cellars (Palisade) - 2016 Teroldego, Grand Valley AVA
Snowy Peaks Winery (Estes Park) - 2016 Elevé (Rhône-style red blend), Grand Valley AVA
Whitewater Hill Vineyards (Grand Junction) - 2017 Riesling, Grand Valley AVA

We do have a public food/wine event where we announce the Best of Show called Colorado Uncorked on November 8 in Denver.
champagne.gif
Kyle,
Would love to try the Teroldego and the Syrah if'n that could be arranged. Will be back in KC babysitting the Grandson so will miss Uncorked this yr.
Tom

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#93 Post by Jim Stewart » October 25th, 2018, 11:40 am

Happy to taste these wines and report back here. Would prefer the cab francs, syrah, or the rhone blend if possible. Thanks.
An aged man is but a paltry thing,
A tattered coat upon a stick, unless
Soul clap its hands and sing

Tom Wheltle
GCC Member
GCC Member

#94 Post by Tom Wheltle » October 25th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Hi Kyle,

I'd be happy to try a couple of these with a few friends. We're in the Denver area now (Tom in DC has become Tom in CO) so we'll just have to arrange pickup.

Ciao,
Tom

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#95 Post by Anton D » October 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm

People should jump on this!

My wife and I served them at a tasting the year we did it and it was amazingly fun and high quality stuff!

Go for it with gusto, Berserkers! [cheers.gif]
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: MeMeMe...

#96 Post by Michael Martin » October 25th, 2018, 12:32 pm

TomHill wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 11:39 am

Kyle,
Would love to try the Teroldego and the Syrah if'n that could be arranged. Will be back in KC babysitting the Grandson so will miss Uncorked this yr.
Tom
I tried the Teroldego at the winery. It was the best wine in my opinion that they made. Unique for Colorado.

Bob Hughes
GCC Member
GCC Member

#97 Post by Bob Hughes » October 25th, 2018, 1:03 pm

I will echo Anton's recommendation - I took advantage of Kyle's offer two years ago, and it was interesting to try some different shtuff.

Danny L.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#98 Post by Danny L. » October 25th, 2018, 1:15 pm

I’m game to try. Any mix would be fine.
L = Lo

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#99 Post by Mike Evans » October 25th, 2018, 2:19 pm

I’d like to give some a try if any are still available.

TomHill
GCC Member
GCC Member

Yup...

#100 Post by TomHill » October 25th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Michael Martin wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 12:32 pm
TomHill wrote:
October 25th, 2018, 11:39 am

Kyle,
Tom
I tried the Teroldego at the winery. It was the best wine in my opinion that they made. Unique for Colorado.
Yup, Michael...kinda unique for Calif as well. The best I’ve had is the Harrington. The Bevela is not far behind.
When I did a visit with ElisabettaForadori a few yrs ago, I took along the Harrington. As we tasted it with her, she acknowledged that it was pretty good Teroldego...”but not as good as mine”!! She’s a gem of a lady. Knows a thing or two about making Teroldego. She owns that grape.
Looking forward to trying the RedFox.
Tom

Return to “Wine Talk”