My first Kutch

First availability of these wines at my local monopoly (SAQ), McDougall '12 and Sonoma Coast '13. Cellaring the former, but popped a bottle of the latter and drank it over two days. Amazingly intense and inviting floral/rose aromatics - I’m not sure the extent to which stem inclusion contributes to this, but wow. Dark and red berries on the palate, with leafy complexity and savory plum skin bitterness and texture. Probably will age, but drinking so nicely now. If anything, even better on day two. Super with food. Love.

I’m sure the quality of these wines is not a secret to many of you, but quite a thrill for me to finally get my hands on some. Wish I could get more, and I hope the SAQ continues to bring 'em in. To their credit, they’re doing a much better job than the rival monopoly one province over (LCBO) in bringing in some truly exciting wine, albeit in minuscule quantities. The LCBO did bring in some Littorai a few years back, but no more. I guess I’ll just have to visit Sonoma.

Nice. I found Kutch about a year ago when I blindly traded a fellow boardmember. I am happy I did.
The 13 Sonoma Coast is wonderful but wait until you try the 2014s…

WOW!

The Living Vine (thelivingvine.ca) is the wine agent in Ontario that currently represents Littorai. They generally offer a couple of Pinots and Chardonnays each vintage via the LCBO Consignment Program. You can order from them directly with the requirement that you must purchase a full case of a single wine (I don’t recall if they were 6 or 12 packs).

I have so much wine I have cut back on ordering except for Kutch. Good guy and good wine

I am humbled and grateful for the kind words. Thank you all.

Yah - opened a 2013 SC recently.
Maybe best SC to date??

Dan, wait until you try the 2014.

We are tasting through all the 2014s this coming week, along with a few of the 2013s we want to revisit. I will bring some notes back for those who want another opinion.

(rubbing hands with anticipation)

Frank,
Looking forward to your notes.

I continue to pare back my domestic Pinot purchases (just have too much), but Kutch is one I buy every vintage. Love these wines.

Frank, I look forward to your notes. We seem to align almost every wine.

Still waiting on my 13s from the August release…, you guys are way ahead of me.

WOOHOO!!

Went to Rich Table for dinner - 2013 Kutch SC by the glass!!

So good…