Andremily #2

Just received the email notice for allocations of 2013 Andremily #2. $249 for a 3-pack and $185 for a magnum. Allocations are guaranteed through 11/3.

I made the inaugural offering last year, and while I haven’t yet tried a bottle, I am likely to buy again given the pedigree.

Beat me to it! I got one 3 pack last year and zero additional wish list. Requested up to 3-3 packs and a magnum this year as well. I have kept patient and not broken into my 2012 3 pack but was fortunate enough to have a very small glass from a friend’s order and it was really wonderful (we blinded vs. 2 other Syrahs).

Will be interesting to see how #2 fares with the addition of 11% Mourvedre, anyone sampled it yet?

i tried my first '12 2 weeks ago and while tightly wound it showed beautifully after a couple hours of air. i’m in for whatever they offer me

+1 and wish listed more. Double decanted for 5 hours then rebottled for dinner at a friend’s place last month. Was incredible.

Hopped on the train after passing on the initial release…

Need to buy less, but this one seemed worth an exception…

Anyone not buying please let me know, i signed up last year but not quickly enough to get an allocation

12 is wonderful, looking forward to 13s

Have had two of the six I bought last year.

The wine really is insane. Outside of 1994 Artadi Grandes Anadas and 2004 Vietti Villero Riserva, I think it is the best red wine I have had this year.

Let me know if you want my allocation Alan.

ill take a 3 pack (or less) from anyone who wants to pass.

I would also gladly take an allocation if someone is feeling generous!

Add my name to those on the waiting list willing to take any leavings.

How does it compare to Alban: Seymour, Reva, Lorraine etc.?

I am in for a three pack.

Only had Alban one time - a 2010 Patrina which I enjoyed…so really can’t say.

It’s a superb wine, and I think Jim has made it in a style that is his own, no small feat given his “day job” at SQN. That said, it does share characteristics with SQN in the sense that it is intense without being dense, rich without being heavy, full-throttled but in control. To my palate it tastes like neither SQN nor Alban nor Saxum, but qualitatively it is in a similar league.

In for a 3 pack and wish listed a Mag.

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

Well said, Mark. I agree and am in for my allocation plus max wish list!

Any comparisons between the Andremily and the Hammell Wine Alliance?

In for my 6 + magnum.

I’m in for a three-pack that I’m sharing.