Thanks to FMIII!

I just placed my Copain order and as I logged each pending wine ('12 Baker Syrah, '12 Brousseau Syrah, '13 Laureles Chardonnay, '13 Monument Tree Pinot, '13 Wendling Pinot) on CellarTracker, a FMIII tasting note popped up with a glowing description.

I am a very discerning wine shopper! [wink.gif]

Dude, thanks. The winery is one of my longest standing relationships and is the #1 producer in my cellar. Probably then no surprise I write these up with such positivity. I also today got the blast with my order confirmation.

Now, if for some reason you don’t like the wines, well then, I will say your palate is flawed and you lack discernment. [rofl.gif]

Frank Murray is to Copain as Wilfred Wong is to BevMo.

champagne.gif

Excellent analogy Chris! [thumbs-up.gif]

The difference being, reading FMIII notes on Copain makes me want to drink Copain. Reading WW notes on any wine, makes me want to drink… beer.

Thanks for the notes, Frank. I am a Copain member; mixed case ordered…looking forward to the wines!

Cheers,
JP

Case on the ways here too.
buyer/club since 06 vintage

Case on the way here, too!
My case is a bit skewed to the Laureles Grade Chardonnay (5 btl)

My pending case order:

3 x Baker Ranch Syrah
2 x Brosseau Syrah
3 x Laureles Grade Chardonnay
4 x Wendling PN

Copain is the only mailing list/club wine I ordered this fall.

All joking aside, Frank is a genuine and passionate guy about wine. He loves Copain, and he writes a lot of notes about their wines, but he’s not just a fanboy or a shill, and he’ll say it when he doesn’t have a great experience with one of their wines (or anyone’s wines) as well.

If you happen to be into any of the wines that are his favorites, finding his tasting notes on CT and WB is a great resource. We’re lucky to have him.

Thanks for the comments here. I was thinking about two things via this whole topic, let me share.

Sharing notes is about building a community and letting the community create feedback and guidance within itself. It cuts into the professional critics’ power base and let’s the community, its voice be the guide as to what others can use as reference. I am passionate about this, as many of you know and I wish we’d spend less time talking about the Wine Advocate, Galloni and all of what they think. What do YOU think? That to me is what matters and should drive the discussion.

The other thing is the relationship, between the winery and the customer. In my day job, our business spends a lot of time looking at customer loyalty and engagement. With Copain and a few other wineries, I have migrated to the top right box of the 2 X 2, what we call in my day job as Truly Loyal. It’s also where the relationship leaves the transactional or commodity level and instead it arrives with both parties understanding the others needs and helping to support what each other wants/needs. This is how I feel about Copain. I do know some people may not feel or see a winery relationship this way, instead see it as a transaction or buying experience. For me, it is not. I buy Copain every year now, I don’t worry about the vintage, god no not anything to do with scores or what the critics say…none of that. It’s about the relationship with the winery, its people and vision.

Love to hear from people on what my takes are here if you care to share, whether you agree with me or not.

Except that Wilfred Wong is no longer associated with BevMo and hasn’t been for some time.

Is this an omen for FMIII?

Same here Frank. They just confirmed my 12 bottle purchase. First began buying in the fall of 2006. Visited their East Side Rd winery a few years back. Great tasting room and terrific view along with terrific wines, no matter the varietal.

Cheers,
Curt

Shut up and drink. :wink:

When I moved to California from Texas a decade ago, the first two lists I signed up for were Copain and Carlisle. I think Frank was a step ahead of me on both!