who uses DIAM?

after 7 out of 9 bottles being spoiled in yesterday’s lineup of 2010 chassagne-montrachet, I have had it with natural cork and will not be buying any more white burgundy using it. But finding out which burgundy producers use Diam is not readily available information. Perhaps you guys can help me out?

These are the ones I know of so far:

Bachelet-Monnot
Coche-Bizouard
Mark Haisma
JJ Confuron
Fevre
Droin
Jadot
Bouchard P&F
Lafon
Lamy (some cuvees)
Montille
Deux Montille
Chateau de P-M
Javillier
Belland
Sauzet (BB only)
Roulot (BB only)

Have I missed any?

Unreal.
Sorry to hear that.
Though not entirely surprised.

Bachelet-Monnot

Was Montille after a certain date? Because I seem to remember a 2006 under natural cork, not DIAM.

Montille with 2010 vintage. Domaine Ponsot also uses it for reds.

He switched away from the synthetic cork?

Quick question - was it TCA or were these prem-ox? Curious to hear . . . and sorry.

Cheers

Coche-Bizouard
Mark Haisma

JJ Confuron

I love Diam, if a producer isn’t ready for screwcaps I recommend Diam as a stop-gap.

I have no firsthand knowledge, but according to Burghound, Ponsot switched from natural cork to the Italian composite cork called Guala Seal, starting with the 2008 vintage.

My understanding is that he has been using the “AS Elite” made by Ardea Seal. It is a synthetic closure with no cork in it. If Tony is correct that Ponsot is now using Diam that means he has switched again.

My question as well. Corked or premoxed? If the latter, what vintages were these (even just speaking generally)?

Considering it was a 2010 chassagne horizontal it was obviously a great number of vintages :stuck_out_tongue:

One was TCA five were pox’ed and one probably had heat damage. So really “just” 6 out of 9 had cork problems.

Yeah 2011 or thereabout. Lafon is from 2013. Most of these are pretty recent.

I think he started with Ardea after switching to DIAM, maybe with the 2010 vintage. I haven’t seen anything more recent than that, but 2010s are sealed with synthetic.

Lamy uses diam now for some cuvees.