TN: 2011 Charles Joguet Chinon Cuvee Terroir (France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon)

PNP on night one. Darker, deeper purple than I was expecting. If you have the nose of Alfert, you will like the scents on this wine. Musty earth, barnyard, cow pasture with manure. Basically, it was stinky, but in a good way. These scents were not as apparent in the month as the veggies and spice came out on the tongue. The finish was good, but packed nowhere near the power of the nose or palete. This wine was giving off lots, but it was a little disjointed. I still liked it, but I probably should have let it sit for 60-90 minutes. No hints of either oak or heat (13% ABV) with this wine. 2/3 of this bottle was consumed with homemade pizza. The rest was corked and back in the wine fridge.

Night two showed that the wine had blended together nicely. Everything on the nose and palete had blended together nicely. The manure was gone. But it almost went slightly flat. Still good, just different from night one. However, it did pair nicely with grilled burgers.

Overall, a very nice buy for less than $20 to drink at home with everyday foods.

Thanks Ian… have you had the 2010? It is my only experience with this bottling, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, but did not find it as “funky” as your 2011. At any rate, I’m jealous that you are able to get this for less than $20. My local store is around $25!!!

Good posting. I have the `09 in the cellar.

I have not. This was the first time I have had this particular Chinon. I will be placing a re-order though.

Ian, where did you find this locally?

I got it at -----. Oops, we must have a bad connection. It was from -----. Darn it, our connection keeps cutting out.

Let me stock up, then I will let you know. [wow.gif]