Flickenger Progressive Sale- final hours

I seem to remember last year there was a thread on this sale.

Did you bite the bullet on anything ? Last day and some great pricing. Great selection on one of my favorite Cali pinot producer Soliste. Pricing is real attractive. They also have some Holdredge and Rhys San Mateo

Their site seems to struggle with IE so I had to call and place my order.

Happy Hunting

https://www.flickingerwines.com/index.aspx

meh.

Its never quite good enough prices to get me to bite.

I really like the Dom. des Malandes Chablis. They’re not seen very often this side of the ocean - worth getting some at these prices.

Apparently not seen so often in France either - 92% export rate.

Ha, I had settled on a few of her bottles, some of the aforementioned Soliste (usually too pricey, but half off sure looks better!), and another of this or that. But by the time I was doing browsing, earlier (well, slightly less late) birds had gotten some of those worms. And then I realized yet again, there’s already way too much coming this fall, and already way too much on my “really must have some of these” list, and already too much I bought today alone. And I left the Malandes, Jacqueson et al for others.

+1. If the pricing was really a sale then maybe my interest would increase.

Can’t speak to all the prices, but I am a fan of Soliste and the prices were outstanding compared to mailing list (about 40% off). Picked up 4 Pinot, 4 Chard and 2 St Andelain Sauv Blanc. Would have purchased more if I could have afforded.

Cheers,

Steve

day 2 had Boillot Moucheres for $84/b, great price.

Their pricing on Holdredge is tremendous… even with shipping costs, it’s still 40% off the lowest price I’ve seen.

looks like they extended to 12pm cst. Holdredge pricing really is a heck of a price. Saw some 2012 burgs that were priced more like 2010.

I went for a mix case of Soliste.

I bought several 2012s from Dublere. Really good prices on his wine and got some 2012 Bourgogne Blanc for about $17 and Volnay 2012 Taillepieds for less than $38. Also splurged for a bottle of Giacosa Asili 2008 for $100.

You people tempted me sufficiently to go to the website yesterday (bad people!) but I remembered incoming orders in time to close the window before browsing more than a few bottles.

You people got me to go back to the website and I bought a couple of Prum 2012 GC Auslesen. I should not read this website. [bleh.gif]

picked up a bottle of '94 Musar blanc for a good price, and a few more splits of the red. Was curious to try Bonneau’s Rouliers so went in for a bottle of that too, not knowing the lot #/vintage…

That’s the only Bonneau I can afford and buy it every year. Got some Holdridge as well.

*have a family connection to Flickinger

Remember the fiasco a year or two back? Only having a website down was minor compared to the complaints about things being pulled on the 3rd day of the sale…

As I’ve mentioned previously, their service is exceptional until things go wrong and then they get rather squirrely.

since the 2010 il poggione brunello deal then no deal, F flickinger.