Bye Bye Williams Selyem

I’ve got more wines than I can drink right now, so took a pass on the W-S offer. However 5 “reminders” and 2 “last calls” (umm I don’t think they know what that means) later, I couldn’t take any more. So Long W-S, I don’t need the spam.
w-s.png

Agree 100%.

horatio.jpg

That’s a bit over the top. At least they haven’t called you on the phone.

I was thinking the same thing!! I wonder if sales are down this year for them? Must be.

Why do emails bother people so much. It takes milliseconds to hit delete.

because it’s annoying and uncalled-for

For me it isn’t a matter of one or two emails, but it ends up being dozens and dozens–not from a single source, but from many sources and across multiple hobbies. And I will say that “final reminder” should be, by definition, the final one, otherwise there is an aspect of integrity that seems to be lacking (that is a general comment, not aimed at W-S directly–I’ve never been on their list.)

That is annoying, but if you gave them feedback about it I bet they would consider cutting the emails back. They are pretty responsive to customer concerns from what I know.

The wines are still really great with 5-6 years bottle age. Probably one of the last lists I would drop off of…

I am not particularly worked-up about it, but I was surprised at how many “last call” e mails I have received. I like W-S, but I have more than enough CA Pinot and their price point is a bit too high for me. I guess I am not the only one who passed on this year’s allocation.

If winery emails set people over the edge, then you had better cut back on the caffeine.

I can already picture the outraged posts if a winery sent a person one reminder email about their allocation and then dumped them off the list if they didn’t hear back in a week.

15 page thread at least, with howls about lousy customer service. The entitled class lives!

People like to whine and the internet gives them the perfect platform. [soap.gif] [berserker.gif]

George

And?

:slight_smile:

My response is TIC–I agree that if people do not receive enough emails then they complain about that, too. Although there is an aspect of truth in both responses–in other words there is a “correct” quantity of emails (although it probably varies from person to person and maybe even varies for an individual depending on how much he/she cares about a particular winery). And there is no denying that some wineries do it well.

They sent you 8 e-mails in a month (presumably they don’t every month just twice a year) and you ditched them?

What is the proper number of e-mails?

You should let all the wineries know so they can adjust their business models accordingly.

Per purchase window, I think the right number is 2 emails: a save-the-date follow by an accepting-orders.

If there are other emails related to the winery, vineyards, events etc I appreciate and welcome them, but don’t nag me about ordering- especially 7 times.

this must be the winery sending the most reminder mails in my opinion. these all seem useless.

I’m on this list and was thinking the same thing, enough already. But on my 3rd or 4th email, can’t remember which, it prompted me to open a couple bottles of their wine for a dinner party I was having. A 2008 Westside and 2011 Eastside, and they were just excellent. I ordered up later that evening. So in the end I was grateful for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

This is quite weird. I wonder why you received so many emails. I’m on their list (quite recent addition) and I only received about three reminders in total.

Then again, they may stop once you actually place a order which makes sense in hindsight.