WineBid.com Raises Buyers Premium

It’s really disappointing they made no public mention of the increase in the email they sent. I had to read through the updated terms and conditions on their website in order to find it. If you’re going to increase prices, at least be upfront about it.

" The purchase price due from the Buyer shall be the aggregate of the final bid and a premium of 15% of the final bid (17% as of 10/4/2015 at 7:15pm Pacific Time), and any applicable sales or use tax."

They are doing the delta thing… (quiet, no real announcements, and…“it was a hard decision, but it was the right one”. [soap.gif] )
17 this year.
18 next year.

More reason not to buy from them anymore.

Booooooo…

I’ll stick with KL thankyouverymuch…

Have always liked Winebid… The high buyers premium have always been somewhat offset by the relatively low prices… Not so sure anymore

Yes, it’s a 13% increase. Pretty hefty.

Thanks for the heads up. I really hope they reconsider this. The problem isn’t just that’s it’s higher but that it requires More Complicated Math to figure out the actual price of a bottle. I am a huge Winebid fan - frequent purchaser and sometimes seller. I must admit this makes the site less attractive on both fronts.

what they don’t realize is that a 2% rise in the seller premium would not make anyone blink. but when the buyer premium is already high, its a slap in the face. I’m out. kl or brentwood for me.

What are kl and brentwood fees for buyers

0 & 12 respectively.

I’m not happy about this, but I do see many auction houses which charge more than 17%: Zachys, HDH, Wallys, Acker, Spectrum, Heritage, perhaps more.

Of course, I like the houses with lower premiums but realistically all that matters is the combo of price and premium (and my impression is that WineBid is still usually lower in combo most of the time).

You received an email with info? They must not like me anymore.

yeah - I received the email too. A 13% increase from any service provider is something that’s hard to swallow. I’d love to find another source for mostly Calif reds that are ready to drink as an offset to the new releases i get that need some bottle age…who fills that niche best? KL?

Maybe that’d be a good thread…Alternative to Winebid

JlbWendt…nice dog, by the way

Does anyone know, did their Seller’s Premium also change?

I’ve seen no indication of any changes in the Seller’s Premium. I don’t recall it being part of the published T&Cs as it may vary based on the consignment and the seller’s negotiating skills.

My purchases from them have dwindled over time…this only makes it easier to walk away.

And the reasons to not buy at auction keep piling up.

Yeah this is a big deal to me as well and I probably send them a few hundred a month in business. Not just the number, but the way it was implemented and what it says about respect for customers.

Although to be fair we don’t know if they are planning to plaster a big splash page the week of the change which is still a month away. It isn’t very relevant until that time.