Monsieur Touton buys Bordeaux from Chateau & Estates

Touton has purchased $47million dollars of BDX from C&E (Diageo) in NY, according to my Touton rep, wiping them out of BDX entirely.

Doesn’t that figure seem a touch light???

Ian,

Do you really know what they had left after the 3-month long fire sale?

Watch for prices to rise in the near future, I bet.

what vintage? Or is across the board?

I think this may have been just NY/NJ stocks?

I am working on details, but I was too busy to ask him the questions the other day.

Wow, this moved into wine talk…I thought I would pump up the Pimps forums…oh well.

Mike,

All stocks that they had left.

As Max will tell you, they have been dumping stocks since July 1st. Those who do business with them, like Max, were able to get good deals.

Those that told them to f off years ago, were not.

I moved it, Dan, because this is important news for the whole of the wine world, but I can move it back no problem…

That sounds about right.

Brent- They used to store PALLETS of back vintages of Petrus. Stacked to the sky too. That’s why I think that figure may be light. Fire sale or not, you can’t sell the kind of inventory they had in a short time.

Aren’t they all good deals for the retailer when he doesn’t pay for them? neener [tease.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [stirthepothal.gif]

They no longer have that stuff. Max bought it all. Well, he got it delivered, unsure if paid for. neener

Posner,
Now that was a good one. No wonder Max is having those stellar sales…wait sshh dont tell everyone. [oops.gif]