Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

A close race at the top. 38 Ballots submitted.

PRODUCER	POINTS	BALLOTS
Rousseau	87	17
DRC    		85	15
Dujac   	79	17
Chevillon	38	14
Mug'-Gib'	36	11
Roumier	35	11
Leroy	  	30	8
Jadot	  	29	9
Hud't-N't	29	12
Fourrier	26	6
Bertheau	22	7
Faiveley	19	5
Liger-B'r	16	5
Barthod	13	3
Grivot 	10	2
Mugnier	9	3
Clavelier	7	2
Trapet  	7	3
Drouhin	7	4
Gouges  	6	3
H. Lignier	6	2
Cathiard	5	3
Vogue   	5	2
Perrot-M't	4	2
LeClerc	4	1
Le Moine	4	2
Meo-C'zet	4	2
Jouan   	4	1
Tremblay	3	1
Lamarche	3	2
Bouchard	3	1
Mortet   	3	1
G. Mug't	2	1
L'r-Mich't	2	1
R'l-Trapet	2	1
Vougeraie	2	1
Tremblay	2	1
P. Rion 	2	1
Bachelet	2	1
Audoin	1	1
Coquard	1	1
Burguet	1	1
Esmonin	1	1
Lambrays	1	1
Roty	   	1	1

I need to try more Dujac. Glad to see Chevillon and M-G make the top 5.

Just like with Cal Cabs, I’m impressed with the variety of styles and pricepoints in this list, and I think its a pretty damn good list of which producers to focus on.

Agreed, though I will be curious to see where both Faiveley and Jadot end up if we re-do this in 10 years.

Do you expect Faiveley and Jadot to be higher 10 years down the road after changes in style?

I am surprised that Hudelot Noellat and Bertheau are so high on the list now, I do think H-N will move up in the future.

No idea. That’s why I am curious. Heck, we don’t even know if the Jadot style will change!

My money is on Gouges being a big riser once folks get used to the wines in the new, less extracted style.

I think what David is talking about is that Jadot’s long-time (very, very long-time) legendary winemaker just retired and we just have no idea what will follow. http://www.kobrandwineandspirits.com/news/detail/now_retired_legendary_jadot_winemaker_jacques_lardiere_is_profiled_in_the_new_york_times Wines could be the same, better, worse or just different. I have not tasted any from the new winemaker so I don’t really know. Others may have a better handle.

Why didn’t you count all the votes for Maison Ilan?

Amaze that with the popularity of Robert Chevillon on this site, prices are still relatively affordable. I hope they continue to be so.

So true but I expect the prices will steadily climb. I have no data to back this up as it is more of a hunch based on perceived demand. Any feedback from those living across the pond on this; is Chevillon sought after in Europe?

From a moderately long term perspective Chevillon prices have already climbed quite a bit, especially for the “big 3”. Sorry I didn’t vote, but after putting Drouhin on my list I dithered over whether to include people like Rousseau or Dujac who I haven’t bought in years due to price increases or limit myself to producers I was still buying.

Now you should plot he results in terms of the average release price of each producer’s least expensive bottling. Many of the top producers on this list I have not had, and would be curious to know the “buy in” price for each.

I’ve liked these threads. You should do one for other regions too.

I intend to. Just waiting till after the holiday for everyone to get back online.

David, it would be great if you were to do this for basic Bourgogne…

Barolo will be interesting.