Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
D@v1dZ
Posts: 3490
Joined: December 14th, 2009, 6:49 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#1 Post by D@v1dZ » September 2nd, 2015, 9:00 am

A close race at the top. 38 Ballots submitted.

Code: Select all

PRODUCER	POINTS	BALLOTS
Rousseau	87	17
DRC    		85	15
Dujac   	79	17
Chevillon	38	14
Mug'-Gib'	36	11
Roumier	35	11
Leroy	  	30	8
Jadot	  	29	9
Hud't-N't	29	12
Fourrier	26	6
Bertheau	22	7
Faiveley	19	5
Liger-B'r	16	5
Barthod	13	3
Grivot 	10	2
Mugnier	9	3
Clavelier	7	2
Trapet  	7	3
Drouhin	7	4
Gouges  	6	3
H. Lignier	6	2
Cathiard	5	3
Vogue   	5	2
Perrot-M't	4	2
LeClerc	4	1
Le Moine	4	2
Meo-C'zet	4	2
Jouan   	4	1
Tremblay	3	1
Lamarche	3	2
Bouchard	3	1
Mortet   	3	1
G. Mug't	2	1
L'r-Mich't	2	1
R'l-Trapet	2	1
Vougeraie	2	1
Tremblay	2	1
P. Rion 	2	1
Bachelet	2	1
Audoin	1	1
Coquard	1	1
Burguet	1	1
Esmonin	1	1
Lambrays	1	1
Roty	   	1	1

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 36314
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#2 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » September 2nd, 2015, 9:01 am

I need to try more Dujac. Glad to see Chevillon and M-G make the top 5.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
D@v1dZ
Posts: 3490
Joined: December 14th, 2009, 6:49 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#3 Post by D@v1dZ » September 2nd, 2015, 9:08 am

Just like with Cal Cabs, I'm impressed with the variety of styles and pricepoints in this list, and I think its a pretty damn good list of which producers to focus on.

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 36314
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#4 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » September 2nd, 2015, 9:18 am

Agreed, though I will be curious to see where both Faiveley and Jadot end up if we re-do this in 10 years.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

PCLIN
Posts: 1502
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#5 Post by PCLIN » September 2nd, 2015, 9:34 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:Agreed, though I will be curious to see where both Faiveley and Jadot end up if we re-do this in 10 years.

Do you expect Faiveley and Jadot to be higher 10 years down the road after changes in style?

I am surprised that Hudelot Noellat and Bertheau are so high on the list now, I do think H-N will move up in the future.
Chiu Lin

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 36314
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#6 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » September 2nd, 2015, 9:36 am

PCLIN wrote:
D@vid Bu3ker wrote:Agreed, though I will be curious to see where both Faiveley and Jadot end up if we re-do this in 10 years.

Do you expect Faiveley and Jadot to be higher 10 years down the road after changes in style?

I am surprised that Hudelot Noellat and Bertheau are so high on the list now, I do think H-N will move up in the future.
No idea. That's why I am curious. Heck, we don't even know if the Jadot style will change!
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

User avatar
D@v1dZ
Posts: 3490
Joined: December 14th, 2009, 6:49 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#7 Post by D@v1dZ » September 2nd, 2015, 9:55 am

My money is on Gouges being a big riser once folks get used to the wines in the new, less extracted style.

User avatar
Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18857
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 8:37 am
Location: Rockville, MD

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#8 Post by Howard Cooper » September 2nd, 2015, 11:14 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
PCLIN wrote:
D@vid Bu3ker wrote:Agreed, though I will be curious to see where both Faiveley and Jadot end up if we re-do this in 10 years.

Do you expect Faiveley and Jadot to be higher 10 years down the road after changes in style?

I am surprised that Hudelot Noellat and Bertheau are so high on the list now, I do think H-N will move up in the future.
No idea. That's why I am curious. Heck, we don't even know if the Jadot style will change!
I think what David is talking about is that Jadot's long-time (very, very long-time) legendary winemaker just retired and we just have no idea what will follow. http://www.kobrandwineandspirits.com/ne ... york_times Wines could be the same, better, worse or just different. I have not tasted any from the new winemaker so I don't really know. Others may have a better handle.
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18718
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#9 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 2nd, 2015, 9:21 pm

Why didn't you count all the votes for Maison Ilan?
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

PCLIN
Posts: 1502
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#10 Post by PCLIN » September 2nd, 2015, 9:34 pm

Amaze that with the popularity of Robert Chevillon on this site, prices are still relatively affordable. I hope they continue to be so.
Chiu Lin

User avatar
Rick.T
Posts: 2868
Joined: February 19th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#11 Post by Rick.T » September 2nd, 2015, 10:44 pm

PCLIN wrote:Amaze that with the popularity of Robert Chevillon on this site, prices are still relatively affordable. I hope they continue to be so.
So true but I expect the prices will steadily climb. I have no data to back this up as it is more of a hunch based on perceived demand. Any feedback from those living across the pond on this; is Chevillon sought after in Europe?
T~@~n**d~y

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14679
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#12 Post by Jay Miller » September 3rd, 2015, 6:13 am

Rick.T wrote:
PCLIN wrote:Amaze that with the popularity of Robert Chevillon on this site, prices are still relatively affordable. I hope they continue to be so.
So true but I expect the prices will steadily climb. I have no data to back this up as it is more of a hunch based on perceived demand. Any feedback from those living across the pond on this; is Chevillon sought after in Europe?
From a moderately long term perspective Chevillon prices have already climbed quite a bit, especially for the "big 3". Sorry I didn't vote, but after putting Drouhin on my list I dithered over whether to include people like Rousseau or Dujac who I haven't bought in years due to price increases or limit myself to producers I was still buying.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Dusty Gillson
Posts: 892
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 12:56 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#13 Post by Dusty Gillson » September 3rd, 2015, 8:39 am

Now you should plot he results in terms of the average release price of each producer's least expensive bottling. Many of the top producers on this list I have not had, and would be curious to know the "buy in" price for each.
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever. - Aristophanes

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3664
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#14 Post by RyanC » September 3rd, 2015, 4:08 pm

I've liked these threads. You should do one for other regions too.
C@ughey

User avatar
D@v1dZ
Posts: 3490
Joined: December 14th, 2009, 6:49 am

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#15 Post by D@v1dZ » September 3rd, 2015, 5:12 pm

Ryan Caughey wrote:I've liked these threads. You should do one for other regions too.
I intend to. Just waiting till after the holiday for everyone to get back online.

AlexS
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 24228
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Location: Mwaukee, 'sconsin

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#16 Post by AlexS » September 3rd, 2015, 6:08 pm

David, it would be great if you were to do this for basic Bourgogne...
s t e w @ r t

User avatar
Rick.T
Posts: 2868
Joined: February 19th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Berserker's Favorites - Cote de Nuits - Results

#17 Post by Rick.T » September 3rd, 2015, 6:45 pm

Barolo will be interesting.
T~@~n**d~y

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”