TN: 2007 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Saint Georges

2007 Domaine Robert Chevillon Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Saint Georges - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru (8/28/2015)
Early days yet for this, but it is very approachable. Thank goodness for vintages that do not require 15+ years for the wines to show well. Red cherry/berry fruit is complimented with turned earth and a fresh herb element. The palate presence is excellent, elegant with structural acidity, and not too much tannin. There is plenty of room for this to develop complexity - no rush to drink it - but it now gives a great deal of pleasure.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks, love Chevillon! As much as we sing its praises here it still, sort of, “flys under the radar” and represents a great value for essentially a top notch Grand Cru Burgundy. If this was from Vosne, it would easily be twice the price. A friend opened up the 2009 recently and it was drinking great too in its youth.

I was just reading that in Burgundy’s early years Les Saint Georges vineyard was regarded at the same level as Chambertin and Romanee Conti. Interesting.

Had this wine earlier in the year and agree, it is superb stuff.

Just opened a bottle last night. This note pretty much nails it. Beautiful nose with sous-bois which I love in a Burgundy

Just fantastic

I brought 2 bottles of this to a wine dinner over the weekend. Still quite structured but approachable with enough air. The nose is gorgeous and open for business. Lovely interplay of intense red/dark fruit and secondary notes (layers of sous bois). Great length with tannic tension that still needs several years to settle down. Awesome pairing with a duck breast course. Its best days are ahead of it but happy to take a peek.

RT

Gonna visit a 07 cailles soon

yes. You are only at 14!

Check the date stamp - it was only 8 at the time.

my bad. I always miss the date on the dredged up old posts.

I bought a mess of this really cheap at auction (I think I was under $70 a bottle all-in). It’s been great for years. I still have more, and was recently eyeing it.

Any one have the 2008 recently? I have a bunch of that too, but have hesitated to open one. I’m assuming it’s still in deep sleep.

Not closed, but still nowhere near mature.

1 Like

I opened an '08 Cailles last week. It’s a wine I’ve always quite liked, and I think Chevillon did well in '08. It was very pretty but still in need of time to unfurl. I’d give it another 5-10.

That was my inclination too. I tasted the 2008s out of barrel, and they were superb. They were really shut down though on arrival. My son was born in 2008, so I need to keep my hands off as much as I can for as long as I can.