RASI Wine /three barrel Pinot Noir, 2014 available!

Rachel’s second bottling is now available. last years ONE was just awesome.

Dear Mike

There is really only one way I can think to begin the 2014 release letter - Thank you so much. I don’t think it would be possible for me to fully express how much it means to know that the wine I’ve created is being opened and shared in such wonderful company.

Having said that, I am very excited to present you with my second release, and the second wine, from RASI Wine Company. What began as a humble 300 bottles is now /three barrels.

The 2014 Pinot Noir uses a slightly different selection of vineyards from the Sta. Rita Hills than the previous year. The well-known Clos Pepe Vineyard offers much of the same peppercorn spice and candied cherry notes you may remember from the 2013 RASI, but the introduction of two distinct vineyards on either side of the Sta. Rita Hills make this wine especially expressive of the appellation. Known for it’s high quality Pinot Noir, Rancho La Vina delivers supple fruit and wonderful purity while Kessler-Haak Vineyard, Close Pepe’s neighbor to the northwest, adds plush layers of raspberry and caramel. Subtle French oak and a silky texture finish off to lingering tones of vibrancy.

The website has been updated to include a new secure checkout for those of you who wish to purchase your wine online. However, please feel free to continue to contact me directly if you’d prefer to place your order by phone, email, or traditional mail or have any additional questions. My contact information can be found here.

Thank you again for your incredible support.

Cheers!
Rachel

Loved last years version. Glad we have a little more available this year!

Agreed. Rachel has learned her craft well.

Yep, I got the email too, Mike, and thought of you. I will be buying but I did send Rachel a note back as I wanted the basics on the #s–alc, wood, etc. I want to know how she is thinking about the wines now and if her approach to them has changed since last vintage. FWIW, here is my TN on the 2013, and I still have one left. Not sure if you guys drank through all yours or not yet.

• 2013 Rasi Wine Company Pinot Noir Sta. Rita Hills - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (11/23/2014)
    Hey, I am thrilled to have the first note on this wine. To see Rachel come full circle after being influenced by Brian Loring, as well as the palate of her father, who I affectionately call Silk. I twisted the top off this and just poured a glass at room temp (about 68). I decided to put a chill on it too, to help see if the proper serving temp influences the wine, as well. Nice ruby color, ruby red, lighter shade. At room temp, this is very good, with a glossy texture and a fresh core of jammy strawberry fruit, rose petal, along with dried cherry to go with it. There is a nice shading of herb here in the finish too, and a hard cherry/berry candy note. Whatever wood/barrique was used here, it shows gently in the finish, a mix of light char/mocha but nothing I’d call oaky at all. With a bit of the proper chill, it then shows more of the dried cherry note. The gentle, dried red quality of this that lurks alongside the other jammier note is really delicious. Where this treads, somewhere between an old and new world expression, this could satisfy a # of people. A terrific effort from Rachel, great going!

Posted from CellarTracker

Hi Frank. As a leap of faith I did 3.
I too was concerned but gave it that at least.
I still have 2 of the 2013s and will certainly compare.

Cheers!!

Of course, I’m a bit biased, but Rachel’s sophomore effort is freaking stunning :smiley:

Nice to hear, Brian. Might have to visit the ‘well’ again…

Feeling a bit left out. Who is Rachel?

David, from what I read of yours, you would enjoy RASI.

Thanks. Will take a look.

I put my order in today for 2 bottles, Mr P.

PS–for those who come to Falltac, it would be my goal to proudly have Rachel and Brian’s wines side by side in the event again this coming February.

Order in. RASI was my favorite of the Pinot’s I tried this year at Falltacular. I signed up for Rachel’s list immediately and am really looking forward to trying the 2014’s.

In for three. Look forward to trying this one.