Best 2013 Cali cab under $20

Looking at the quality of the vintage there should be some good value drinkers, anyone got good experiences ?

Mondavi Napa would probably be the only one I’d try though Martini Sonoma is also a good qpr.

Bump up to $25 then Buehler Napa, Louis Martini Napa and Ruston would be my top choices.

Educated Guess

+1

2013 BV Napa cabernet is very good if you like full bodied wines.

With a very long decant, we have enjoyed the '13 Oberon

The 2013 Hobo Alexander Valley is very nice and right around that price. It isn’t excessively ripe and has a bit of herbaceousness, which I prefer but isn’t what everyone looks for in CA Cabernet.

Cameron Hughes does well in this category. Some might be just over $20, but not all. Generally a solid bottle of wine. Some better than others for sure.

I had the Kirkland Stag’s Leap Cab from Costco this weekend. $20. Rich and tannic with a bit too much coffee going on, but I liked it. Tasted like napa cab of totally decent quality. Would be a huge crowd pleaser, I think.
Not a great wine, but I’d say it’s about as good as I’ve had at this price point. Reminded me a fair bit of many of the 500 series Cameron Hughes Napa cabs, which are also wines that I put in the “I like these but am not rushing to buy more” bucket.

Sorry, but for under $20, I would probably look to Washington instead.

+1 for Cameron hughes.

Had the 2013 Kenwood Sonoma Cab on Saturday night. Lots of value for $11 a bottle.

+2 For Cameron Hughes

I also would throw a shout out for Beringer Knights Valley, if you can find it for under $20.

Conn Creek retails for About $25 but you sometimes find it on sale for close to $20. It is a great wine.

Hear, hear!

I agree as well. You can get some good easy drinking cabs from Columbia Crest, Columbia Winery, Chateau St. Michelle and others in the $10-15 range and are easily available.

Not understanding Educated guess I just didn’t get it
At all

+1

Not 2013, but 2012 Light Horse.

The Ahnfeldt Provocative Cabernet is usually pretty good, and is about $20. I haven’t seen the 2013 yet.