Cellar Surprises

Normally the surprise is that I go down looking for a wine and I can’t find it because I drank it but never removed it from Cellar Tracker. But Sunday, I was in the cellar looking for a bottle and I found a case of 2004 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Meursault Les Perrières. A whole case!! I don’t have it listed in CT and I don’t remember when or where I got it from. This is a great find assuming no premox! I’m going to open a bottle this coming Friday.

That’s pretty sweet! Never happened to me with a full case, however, I did just recently find a single bottle of 09 Chave Hermitage in the cellar…I was certain I had sold all of them.

[basic-smile.gif] Nice surprise, Paul.

I sometimes get surprised to find long lost wines in my cellar and, for the post part, these have been delightful. I’m not as organized as you because I don’t run a tally on my wines either here or with a service like CellarTracker. These “finds” generally result from doing some cellar maintenance where I reorganize partially filled bins. I recently “found” a 6-pack of 2002 Achaval-Ferrer Altamira in a box under some others, which I remember buying but had since forgotten about. Opened a bottle last week and found it outstanding.

Hope your 2004 Les Perrieres turns out to be lovely. As I recall the white Burgundies from '04 that I opened were really fine.

Hank [cheers.gif]

I did an inventory of my lockers for the first time in over 18 months on Sunday. I found several wines that I had a vague recollection of purchasing - including a six-pack of 2008 Produttori Normale - but weren’t in my CT. However, I also found a bottle of 2000 Sandrone Le Vigne Barolo that I have no clue about…this stuff isn’t supposed to happen in your mid-30’s!
I’ll take it, but… [scratch.gif]

gonna suck when 8 of them are advanced ;p

Thanks Charlie. [swearing.gif] But the good part is that I don’t remember how much I paid so if that does happen I won’t feel as bad as I normally do with premox.

strong sell. all day.

sell that owc!! :smiley:

Sweet. I truly find it hard to believe you can’t recall a case of 04 Perrieres.

I once found a RM Panek Cab I didn’t know about… I was happy about that!

Was it a bluish grey label? I seem to be missing one…

Me too. It’s not like it’s one of the cheaper wines in my cellar.

Nice…familiar story…

Imagine finding wines you had forgotten about that you’d rather weren’t there?

That wouldn’t be lots of fun…a case of 2004 RB?

I keep waiting for the perfect weekend when our sons are home and we can attack the cellar to find what’s still there and not…according to the Cellar Savant inventory I use. I can only imagine the horrors if I had no such inventory…given the horrors with it.

sorry that was my first thought but in reality these should have at least another 10 years ahead of them
post a note and photo
please

Doesn’t surprise me. There are cellars, and there are cellars.

I lose bottles all the time–or rather, temporarily misplace them. This usually happens when I have promised a bottle for a tasting, have it on CT, but can’t find it. But sometimes, I just lose track of where I placed a particular bottle. Right now, that includes a 45 Conterno Barolo that I’ve been looking for – scanning the racks over and over – and just have not been able to put my hands on.

Many of us lose/misplace bottles - but a full case; and to boot, a full case of Lafon - I’m impressed [cheers.gif] .

I found a six-pack of 2005 Charles Shaw Chardonnay that my sister in law bought for a party 8 years ago…

it is mine. Thought I left it there! Ship when it cools.

You’ll love it. Brings out the classic Charles Shaw characteristics of burnt tallow, monkey shit, unwashed dredlocks and Nickleback albums.

no! The Lafon!