Chicago: Where do you load up on daily drinkers?

Where do you typically load up on your 10-20 dollar wines?? Binny’s, Vin? Elsewhere??

I dont own any of those.

Binny’s
Vin
Whole Foods

in addition to the shops already listed:

Red & White (Bucktown)
Andersonville Wine & Spirits
Perman’s (can be a bit tricky at this price point)

To the above mentioned I’ll add Plum Market

I would second Vin Chicago, Plum Market, and then of course Binny’s. Depends on what neighborhood you’re sloughing through/able to find things…

Dank basements of old liquor stores.

I’m a big fan of Plum Market these days - make sure to get on their mailing list so you get the weekly coupons which sometimes include very nice discounts on the wine and spirits department - or off your total grocery purchase including wine.

Mark B.'s basement.

Naaah … given the state of his toilet, I shudder to think of his basement!

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned Garfield’s/Cardinal or Sal’s Beverage World.
I’ve found some great stuff there, including close to 2 cases of 2011 Dow’s.
image.jpg

I can’t decide if I love or hate Vin. There’s very little crap, the pricing is competitive, and they have some interesting stuff for a mid-sized store. But every one of their “own score” ratings is an 89-91, and their marketing is relentless in its use of superlatives (sort of WTSO-ish). If you can sift past that, it’s good for the lower end of the price range.

Thanks for the replies. Binny’s and fin have been my go tos but after my last Binny’s trip I think I can say I’d rather go back to vin. I find their prices to be best, without having to hit a full case to get the 5% discount like at Binny’s. Also, just less crap and more stuff I’d actually drink.

Vin is kind of Chicago’s very own Wine Discount Center!

Of the places already mentioned, are any in close proximity to The Langham Hotel? Staying there next month and would like to grab a few bottles for the room.

Binny’s at 213 W Grand Ave is pretty close.

Howard’s Wine Cellar.

WBer Keith Akers works there, so if you end up going, send him a note.

Bedrock Old Vine Zin.