Another trip suggestions thread: Santa Rosa, CA

My wife and I are heading to Santa Rosa for our 5th wedding anniversary. We’ll be there Saturday, staying Saturday night. All we know is that we want to taste and Siduri.

Where should we taste around Adam’s place?
Where should we stay?
Where should we eat?

Thanks in advance.

AFWE need not apply. :wink:

Kyle…to eat, for sure at Rosso. For wine, Kutch, Copain and Wind Gap.

Congratulations too on your anniversario.

Bottle Barn

Spinster Sisters for dinner. Very good wine program and consistently intriguing food. A Hip vibe – last time we were there, Ted Lemon was holding court at an adjacent table. Also check out the Barlow in Sebastopol. That’s where the Windgap tasting room is and there are some other tasting rooms there too. Good lunch options at one of the many Barlow eateries.

1 Like

Scopa in Healdsburg for dinner is always solid.

In addition to the producers Frank mentioned above, which would be a priority, try for appointments with Rhyme and Idlewild for eclectic Italian varietals from cool/young producers. Oh, yeah…if you want to fully establish your IPOB street cred, don’t forget Arnot Roberts. Last, if it’s a weekend, why not hit the Joseph Swan shack for one of the last free tastings on earth.

Here’s another vote for Spinster Sisters. Wonderful, inventive food.

here’s another vote for Rosso - Have some fresh burratta, a pizza and a bottle of Lassiter Rose

Rosso’s for sure!

• whatever on Rosso’s & Scopa!

JD

Literally across the street from Adam is punchdown cellars which houses Dirty & Rowdy, Ceritas, Eric Kent, Lioco, Enfield, Barbed Oak etc… A few phone calls and you could set up a heck of a tasting there.

+1 on Bottle Barn, again across the street from Siduri.

Pizzeria Rosso is great, love Spinster Sisters also check into Walter Hansel Bistro or venture out to
Forestville (12 min West) for The Backyard or Canneti Roadhouse Italiana.

Agree with both of these whole-heartedly. Arnot Roberts is probably the best winery visit I’ve ever had. The guys are great, the wines are wonderful, and its very intimate (even though it’s in an industrial park on the way out of Healdsburg). And Joseph Swan is a great visit too and the wines are very affordable.

If you’re a beer guy, you have to visit Russian River Brewery, as it’s in the heart of Santa Rosa.

If you’ll spare me the thread drift, Arnot Roberts has not been in IPOB for the past 2 years and I’ve wondered what’s going on there - anyone have any ideas?

I didn’t realize RRV brewery was in Santa Rosa. That’ll be a must stop. Do they have an attached restaurant? Maybe we’ll hit them for lunch and then do wine until and through dinner.

RR brewing does have food, but its nothing to write home over. Be prepared to wait for a table, they don’t take reservations and it can get crowded.

Evan @ Fogline is just down the road as well. Tasty pinots.

This is starting to sound like the kind of day you really need to pace yourself for! A lot of spitting…

Siduri, Pliny, Eric Kent, Willi’s…sounds totally satisfying.

Yes, go at an off time, like right when they open, or mid afternoon on a weekday. Just not 7:00-10:00 pm on a weekend. We got super lucky and snagged a high top. But dang it was crowded.

A couple of wineries not that far away to visit are Ridge (their Lytton Springs winery) and Littorai.

Better yet, when it comes to RRB, just get pliny to go. I’ve never been there where its not totally insane. Food is very mediocre. Worth doing their tasting board and definitely checking out the sours if you do happen to get lucky with a table or a seat at the bar.

Russian River Brewery would probably be best to arrive @ 10:30-45AM to get in line on Saturday AM, the line can easily be over an hour otherwise. Just plan to be there for 2-2.5 hours including the line or take the Pliny to go (and cut the line).

Looks like Pliny to go and on to the wineries! Keep the suggestions and info coming, please.