Littorai Fall Release- Tuesday 8/11

Didn’t see a thread on this so will post one. Fall release of appellation wines, 13 Magnums and Library wines next Tuesday 9am pst . These are first come first served and would imagine the Mags to go quickly.

Be on the look out for the email if your interested.

Cheers
Fred

Fred, as a new lister, what exactly will be offered? I could not tell from the email.
Thanks

They don’t say. I have been on the list for a few years, and that has bugged me.

The Fall release can be a little bit confusing. Traditionally I thin k they offered the Chardonnays and Appellation Pinots on the Spring release and the SV Pinots on the fall release. For the last several releases they have offered the SV Pinots as pre-orders during the Spring release, and whatever is leftover in Fall. Demand seems to have picked up so there’s often not much of the SV Pinots left for fall.

I suspect it will be a small offering of remaining 2013 SV Pinots, Magnums, Library and maybe the 2014 appellation wines.

All first time offers for the SVD wines (chards plus pinots) happen in early February. There historically was no Fall release. Not sure what exactly will be offered next week, but it won’t be any vineyard designates, at least in 750s, that have not been previously offered.

Logging-on right now I see available:
2000 Hirsch Vineyard Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 1.5L - 1 available. $990

2013 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 750ml- all I want $50

I shot them an email and Clay is pretty close

2014 Appellation Pinots- SC and Les Larmes- $52
2013 SVD Pinots in Magnum
Library offering in large format and 750’s.

Btw, anyone read any notes on the 14 Pinot/Chard vintage in general. I haven’t really looked too hard so just curious.

You want to know what wines are in the release? So picky. And notes? Who needs notes? Just keep your credit card at the ready so you can pounce on whatever Littorai crumbs are scattered before you.

I celebrated the impending Littorai release in my usual fashion – by picking up some older bottles on the secondary market. Got some 2007 Littorai Thieriot for under $50, tax included. And K and L will store them for me no questions asked. And not charge me $15 when I pick it up.

Nice that K&L will ship to you. Not an option for me.

I’m actually more interested in their appellation wines. Keeps the cost lower too!

Alas, they make the best Pinot in CA, especially if you don’t dig too much whole cluster.

And even if you do…

I agree with the best pinot part (it’s the only CA pinot I buy regularly) but not about the “alas” part since there is quite a good amount available in the secondary market (at least in the SF area) at reasonable pricing. Especially for older bottles, the prices are a lot better than release (older SVDs are often cheaper than the current appellation wines). And since I prefer their pinot with a decade or so on it, this works out well.

A few minutes on Wine Searcher does not reveal any deals.

I’m talking specifically about K and L – they get small Littorai collections in regularly and looks like they got one in just yesterday. They go fast though. And not much use to you, I know, since they don’t ship to your area.

Exactly…

I’ll just keep buying a few SV designates each offer and laying down a couple for age. Sooner or later I will have a stash of aged Pinot, if I can keep my hands off of it.

Katrina,

Thanks for the tip. I just picked up a few of these. They are all fairly priced, but the '07 Thieriot Pinot, for whatever reason, is way under priced. What a steal!

This. I only buy like one of each SVD given the price, hoarding each little gem! I think this is my favorite PN, period. Note I haven’t gone to the dark side yet (Burgundy).

You’re welcome. Glad you managed to grab some!

Yes, I don’t quite get their pricing on these older bottles… couple of months ago they had the 05 Summa for $45 (release price $80). Maybe they track the quarterly auction pricing.

Whatever the reason, it sure takes the sting out of not being a Littorai “A” lister/preferred buyer, or whatever they call it.

allocations up…2014 appellation PNs, 2013 1.5s, remaining 2013 750s and selected library vintage 750s and 1.5s (not cheap)