Premier Cru customer statistics

I have been taking advantage of Premier Cru’s great pre-order discounts for years, and been very happy with the results. Since 2006 only one small order has gone wrong, and PC’s generous store credit offer more than made it right. The rest have typically been delivered as promised within a few years of purchase. And since the wines that I buy from PC are all meant to be aged, and I never have enough storage space at home, I am a happy customer. Here are my order statistics. I would welcome anyone else to offer up similar calculations.

2006 orders - 100% delivered
2007 orders - 100% delivered
2008 orders - 100% delivered
2009 orders - 93% delivered, 7% (3 bottles) refunded for more than their original purchase price. These were cheap entry-level Chateauneufs - I don’t miss them.
2010 orders - 100% delivered
2011 orders - 94% delivered (rest still outstanding)
2012 orders - 76% delivered (rest still outstanding)
2013 orders - 57% delivered (rest still outstanding)
2014 orders - 30% delivered (rest still outstanding)
2015 orders - 31% delivered (rest still outstanding)

Almost all of my outstanding 2011-2013 orders are 2009/2010 Bordeaux and Burgundy. I wouldn’t plan on opening any of those bottles for years, so I am not upset that they aren’t in my possession yet.

Thanks to CellarTracker and to Premier Cru’s website for making all of these calculations so easy.

Isn’t there a PC Thread that’s 10000 pages long already? :slight_smile:

Merge?

Oy

grouphug [popcorn.gif]

[popcorn.gif]

I didn’t mean to criticize… merely stating a fact that this is a duplicate thread of sorts.
I also have no problems with PC (mainly b/c i barely order from them)…

I think this thread could provide a separate resource. The other thread deals with trying to explain why PC takes so long and/or just yelling at each other.

This could provide an objective way to demonstrate despite WHY they take so long, IF they are reliable in delivering up to the current point. I would find interest in this.

It would answer:

1. Is there a time frame at which 90%> customers receive 98%> of their orders
  2. What is the trend over time of delivered vs non-delivered bottles
  3. What’s my risk as a % of bottles over time of non-delivery

These would all be different answers from WHY it takes so long to deliver.

vey

I would love to be in the happy customer category after I receive my 09 DRC RC and LT ordered in 2012

Wow.

Just…

Wow.

Checkerboard Pizza orders delivered.

2009: 100% Delivered.
2010: 100% Delivered.
2011: 100% Delivered.
2012: 100% Delivered.
2013: 100% Delivered.
2014: 100% Delivered.
2015: 97% Delivered (they didn’t answer the phone once - said they were too busy).

I’m in no rush to receive any of my purchases as I don’t have much space left for storage and the wines I purchased will just go on a shelf and collect dust. Most of the wine I’m waiting on is champagne and zero bottles from 2014 and 2015 have arrived. I think one bottle of Port arrived at PC last year.

33 Checkerboard pizza orders in 2015? That’s a lot of pizza. Did you get the stern lecture from your wife? Do you have them delivered off-site? Do you have separate credit cards? [cheers.gif]

Four granddaughters -

These are the big problems and the types of wines which are not being delivered.

A good friend ordered a significant quantity of 2009 Leroy Grand Cru’s in 2012.
He has ending up sourcing a significant number of the bottles for PC to fill the order, and he has been awaiting a response from John Fox for quite some time on a solution for the balance of the wines still due.

Furthermore, I know that he specifically asked his salesman prior to placing the order that PC did indeed own the wines.
“Of course” was the answer that he received.

In this century I am 100%. But only 10-15 cases total.

57% after two years if it’s 2009-10 Bordeaux is really not very reassuring.

My thoughts exactly - these sort of numbers would scare the crap out of me, because those 2013 orders are likely to be 2009-2010 bottles. How the heck are almost half of them still undelivered!?

I’m sorry? HE had to do the work for them?

I’m always surprised when people say things like:

I’m in no rush to receive any of my purchases as I don’t have much space left for storage and the wines I purchased will just go on a shelf and collect dust.

Almost all of my outstanding 2011-2013 orders are 2009/2010 Bordeaux and Burgundy. I wouldn’t plan on opening any of those bottles for years, so I am not upset that they aren’t in my possession yet.

I personally place significant value on receiving the wine on release rather than a few to several years after release. As we all know from shipping issues, it doesn’t take much to destroy a bottle of wine without anyone being the wiser until the cork gets pulled. Not trying to individually pick on anyone buying from Premier Cru, I just have noticed that type of comment pop up every so often and a few times in these Premier Cru threads that I wanted to highlight this to others and see what everyone else thinks.

Do you prefer having the peace of mind froim receiving your wine immediately (i.e. on release) or do you prefer when a store holds your wine (whether Premier Cru or someone else) for several years and reduces your storage costs/space constraints? (I’m not trying to comment on whether Premier Cru owns the wine or not when they post it on their website since that opens up a whole different can of worms.)

Premier Cru buys wine from distributors and/or importers, which means the wine has been stored on pallets in a warehouse somewhere. In most cases, the wine has been there its entire time since leaving the winery (until its path to PC begins). So leaving your wine in a store for several years is a different kettle of fish.