Becklyn 2013 Open Aug 3

"Amber and I would like to thank you for last year’s unbelievable inaugural launch of Becklyn Cellars. We are truly appreciative and blessed by your support. We hope you feel like this is as much your label as it is ours. Now for year two!

Mark your calendars for the “2015 Previous Buyers Release” beginning August 4th at 9am PST. Any remaining wine will be made available to the next mailing list group on August 18th. Purchasing wine will ensure an allocation next year.

Now for the big announcement we teased in March. We have been working with Steve Moulds and his iconic Moulds Family Vineyard to bring you a beautiful 2013 Becklyn Cellars Reserve Cabernet. This has been an exciting project, as fruit of this caliber is extremely difficult to acquire. This new addition to our portfolio continues to show our commitment to producing high quality cabernet.

Like last year, 100 cases of Becklyn Cabernet and 50 cases Becklyn Sauvignon Blanc have been bottled for this year’s release. For tasting notes for the 2013 Reserve Cabernet, 2013 Becklyn Cabernet and the 2014 Becklyn Sauvignon click here.

Many of you have asked with the recent auction results for Becklyn wines will the price go up this year. The answer is NO. The Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet, and Moulds Reserve Cabernet, will be priced at $30, $60, and $95 respectively. Allocations this year will be 3 bottles of each wine and wish lists will be filled beginning with folks that took their full allocation. As many of you are aware, once the wine is gone it is gone. Amber and I sell everything and keep only six bottles for ourselves.

Also, you spoke and we listened. To give back to our clients for playing such a huge role in our success last year, Amber and I have decided to subsidize a portion of shipping to bring down buyer costs in 2015. We will offer a flat rate $5 per bottle for previous buyers that take their full allocation. All other orders will receive a small reduction in shipping cost from last year.

As promised, Becklyn donated a portion of all proceeds to The Napa Valley Vintners Earthquake Relief Fund. Additionally, Becklyn is now a member of the Napa Valley Vintners charitable organization and has committed a portion of all future profits to the NVV Charities.

We want to congratulate our winemaker Mike Smith for his recent 100 point score for the 2012 Carter Cellars Beckstoffer-To Kalon GTO and 99 points for the 2012 Myriad Dr. Crane Elysian. Amber and I thank our lucky stars every day that we get to call him our winemaker and more importantly our friend. We also can’t go any further without thanking Mike’s better half, Leah Smith, for the invaluable guidance she has given us as we navigate the wine industry.

Lastly, the Becklyn Cellars Family has another new vintage to announce. Hudson Hugh Denny was born February 24, 2015 and has brought pure joy to his parent’s universe. He’ll be annoying Mike in the vineyard soon enough.

Always remember to enjoy a glass of Becklyn at the center of your universe!"

Good people.

New to Becklyn and really hope there’s some left for the second wave.

Looking forward to this. Anyone tasted the reserve?

Isn’t Roy Piper 100% Moulds now? Would be fun to do a side by side tasting w/Becklyn’s new Mould’s Reserve.

I’ll race you. [cheers.gif]

I had the good fortune of tasting/drinking the Reserve on the 4th. Might very well be one of the 3-4 best wines I have had in the last 12 months.

2013 Becklyn Reserve
Dark and ominous. Nose of violets and boysenberries. The palate showed little in the first hour but with air/time in decanter this shows pureness and grace with a moderate creaminess. Intense soft blackberries and dark currants, it has this wonderful floral/violet quality to it that I really do love. impeccably aligned tannins and perfectly balanced acidity, this really pleases all the senses. Notes of warm evening frangipani, worn leather and espresso bean lace this nicely. Mouth-feel is focused and exact and finish is long and true to the fruit profile it started with. This unfolds itself like a wonderful holiday gift, after two hours we are all begging for more, but alas, there is none…now. If Moulds Vineyard is not on your lips yet, just wait until this is released. What a treat.

I’m happy to see the love for Becklyn. I’m tired of wines with great word of mouth selling for $150 - $250. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the pricing stays the same for as long as possible.

Great note Mike, this wine seems right up my alley!

Anyone actually click the link to see the tasting notes on the release? Our two own WB Becklyn Fanboys M. Pobega and B. Tuite are both quoted for the cab and the Sauv Blanc respectively.

They are now ranked right up there with RP and Jonathan Newman! [snort.gif]

FWIW - I will be all in on the release. [cheers.gif]

Joe, in a world full of unwise choices, you have made a wise one.
:slight_smile:
I think Matt likes the ‘man on the ground’ approach. I think it’s refreshing.

Jayson,
My understanding is that Roy’s wine is primarily George III with some Moulds…

“Agreed” on both counts, Mike.

Just checked, the 2012 Piper was 50% from each site.

^ This ^

As long as the loser gets a bottle, sure…

deal!

Can’t wait for these. I’m all in.

Friends

What Amber and I would like to begin is a tradition of having our customers provide the tasting notes. Amber and I have a goal to truly make Becklyn the most sought after cabernet in Napa Valley at an affordable price. That said, our customers are our greatest resource so who better to do the tasting notes. Special Thanks to Pobega and Tuite this year. If you would like to work on the tasting notes next year please message me at info@becklyncellars.com.

I’m cutting way back on purchases this year, but Becklyn will not be one that I cut. Looking forward to going all in here + wishlisting.

Is Leah Smith still the winemaker?