Your favorite hyper-acidic white wine

I got nuthin’–I’m asking. champagne.gif

Immich Batterieberg rieslings.

That’s a great answer. Peter Lauer too.

Depends on the vintage.

Easy - Thibaud Boudignon Anjou

Chenin Blancs from the Jasnieres appellation.

At the risk of polluting this thread with non-useful input (hate it when that happens), I’ve never had a hyper-acidic wine that I’ve liked. Hurts my teeth…

It seems like I’m constantly seeing this name lately. Is this guy about to have his hipster winemaker Rockstar moment?

Yeah, I don’t quite get the question…what’s your favorite out of balance wine?

I like sweet wines from acidic vintages, like 2010 Mosel Auslese and above or some of the Kracher stickies from Neusiedlersee. Super high acidity and high sweetness.

Easier to answer is the question: what is the most acidic white wine you know? For me, it’s Carignan Blanc from Riberach/Roussillon. Too acidic for my taste.

Thibaud Boudignon is a very talented winemaker who makes superb Anjou and Savennières on his own domaine, as well as a range of wines at Château Soucherie. I can’t really think of his wines as hyper-acidic though, as this term sounds quite negative. There are deliciously balanced and flavoursome, with good acidity but lots of other good things too.

Madeira

Yes
(Cooking and I don’t want vinegar or citrus) :wink:

Most acidic wine I know is a 1996 German Riesling Eiswein with 20 g/l of acid. Several Catoir wines from 1996 topped 15 g/l if the stats were to be believed.

Drouhin rully is pretty sharp!

Petit manseng.

Madeira here also, especially Terrantez.

I know some (Loire, Germany …), but if they are “hyper-” they are never my favorite …
Acidity has to be in balance …

Jacky Blot at Domaine de la Taille Aux Loups has some chenin blancs that are quite acidic.

I think his moment has already arrived. Fantastic wines. Perfect for an acid freak like myself.