Anyone going to Sherryfest in NYC?

I’m working the night of the 25th but have signed up for the vintage Sherry seminar and the Hidalgo/Barbadillo dinner on the 24th.

No, but I participated heavily last year in San Francisco. Had a great time and tasted some eye opening wines. I plan on it again when it comes to SF again.

With Sherryfest coming to NYC again I thought I’d revive this thread. It will be the weekend of 10/27-29. I’ve signed up for the vintage sherry seminar and the brunch at North End Grill. I’m debating the grand tasting but wonder how much Sherry I can realistically make my way through before my palate is shot.

Anyone else?

Your tongue will be more oxidized than white Burgundy wines.

I want to go. Will know more, regarding schedule, next week.

I’m staying home. I will open a premox burg to celebrate.

To your palate they WOULD taste the same.

I am going. I think our CellarTracker coverage of sherry can be better and this is a good start.

Need company?

Jorge, Andrew - either of you going to the brunch? We could ask about sitting at the same table.

Jay,

Unfortunately Sunday is out for me as I have my kids all day. Looking into one of the Friday activities. Maybe the Happy Hour at Compagnie.

Maybe the Grand Tasting on Saturday could work.

That was really tempting but I decided to skip it as I don’t trust my ability to spit and it’s too much Sherry to drink through even with tiny sips.

No brunch planned. Grand and two dinners.

I would love to attend, but truffles in Alba that week outrank sherry in New York.

I’ll be attending the Grand Tasting today…will try to post some thoughts afterward.

Happy Hour last night at Compagnie was awesome. There was an Amontillado based cocktail that absolutely rocked!

Can you get tired of tasting too much Sherry? The answer is yes

I really enjoyed the grand tasting yesterday. There were a lot of wines - it was a bit overwhelming at first.

While I think I know a bit about wine in general, I admit to not knowing a ton about sherry - so this was a great opportunity to immerse myself and really compare and contrast styles and producers.

My favorite tables were Bodegas Diez Merito, Bodegas Baron, Gonzalez Byass, and Osborne - Orleans Borbon.

And while I now understand the use case for each style better, my favorite style overall was Palo Cortado.

There were some very rare wines being poured, such as a 1903 PX from Gonzalez Byass which seemed to be the darling of the event (the gentleman from the winery was carrying it around personally, and serving with an eyedropper - while it was amazing to taste, it may not have been my favorite aged PX of the event)