2012 Maison Ilan

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#401 Post by Scott Brunson » January 4th, 2016, 3:14 am

Wes Barton wrote:This is strange. Did all of the emails come via PayPal? If I'm reading these right these have only been received by people who haven't gotten their wine yet, and people who have gotten their wine weren't charged, nor were they supposed to be.

You should definitely hold off on paying until this is cleared up. Contact Zack, since he actually responds (and cc Ray), then report back.
These emails came via PayPal, but to people who have received their wine.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

JimmyGillingham

2012 Maison Ilan

#402 Post by JimmyGillingham » January 4th, 2016, 3:36 am

It is definitely to people who have received wine. I have been quiet in gear threads and gave Ray thand benefit of the doubt early on but this put me over the top. At most I will pay shipping from AIW to me. I had never been required to pay packing, insurance, warehousing, or importation costs in the past. I never agreed to any of that and wouldn't have purchased has that been a requirement. In fact had this been disclosed prior to shipping, I would have considered canceling my order, even if it meant being out the money I paid for the wine. Dropping a bill like this, without consulting with the customer prior to shipping, is ridiculous.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (62.91 KiB) Viewed 2118 times

Tom Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#403 Post by Tom Johnson » January 4th, 2016, 4:40 am

I received an invoice as well, however, I'm still short 3 bottles of wine. If my figures are correct, the charges amount to just under $29/bottle for ten bottles delivered to my offsite in Texas.

Ken McNamara

2012 Maison Ilan

#404 Post by Ken McNamara » January 4th, 2016, 5:04 am

This is what the original '12 offer states about shipping.
Wine must be shipped to a physical address where an adult (over 21 years of age) will be available to sign for the package. P.O. boxes are not acceptable. Orders will be shipped during May 2013 (weather permitting). Shipping charges will be accessed once we are closer to shipping dates to eliminate unnecessary expenditures for our clients.
Ilan was only off by 2.5 years for shipping and I am thankful that the $542.40 request for having roughly 2 cases shipped eliminated unnecessary expenditures.

I wonder how many customers did not have email addresses associated with a PayPal account? PayPal was not my payment method, but my email used with Ilan and AIW matches my PayPal account.

JimmyGillingham

2012 Maison Ilan

#405 Post by JimmyGillingham » January 4th, 2016, 5:12 am

Ken McNamara wrote:This is what the original '12 offer states about shipping.
Wine must be shipped to a physical address where an adult (over 21 years of age) will be available to sign for the package. P.O. boxes are not acceptable. Orders will be shipped during May 2013 (weather permitting). Shipping charges will be accessed once we are closer to shipping dates to eliminate unnecessary expenditures for our clients.
Ilan was only off by 2.5 years for shipping and I am thankful that the $542.40 request for having roughly 2 cases shipped eliminated unnecessary expenditures.

I wonder how many customers did not have email addresses associated with a PayPal account? PayPal was not my payment method, but my email used with Ilan and AIW matches my PayPal account.
Setting aside the breach of the agreement to ship in May 2013, Ray's statement clearly implies that shipping charges will be discussed prior to shipping. Even if shipping could not be calculated at the time or ordering, that does not give him authority to bill customers after the fact for charges not agreed to. Notably, "Shipping charges" is not defined and does not mention warehousing, import costs, packaging, insurance, etc.

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#406 Post by PaulMills » January 4th, 2016, 5:16 am

I received my invoice. $27.60 per bottle. Ludicrous.

UPS insurance (2% of order totals): $8.46
UPS packaging 4-6 btls: $7.52
LRL to US 7-9 kg: $91.82
AIW warehouse charge/case: $20.34
AIW to E. Coast 1-6 btl case: $37.50

Total shipping charges: $165.64
Description Amount
Service $165.64 USD
Total $165.64 USD
Last edited by PaulMills on January 4th, 2016, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyGillingham

2012 Maison Ilan

#407 Post by JimmyGillingham » January 4th, 2016, 5:22 am

Has anyone talked to or read her out to Zack or Ray?

amjohnstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#408 Post by amjohnstone » January 4th, 2016, 5:25 am

I ordered just once from Maison Ilan. I ordered six bottles of 2013, and I received my wine a couple months ago. Over night, I received a similar PayPal invoice via email:
Amount: $168.43 USD
You received this payment request but haven't paid it yet.
Date Requested: Jan 3, 2016
Subject: Your 2013 Maison Ilan Shipping Charges
Note: UPS insurance (2% of order totals): $11.25

Total shipping charges: $168.43
I'm torn about how to respond. Like one or two others have mentioned, I'm not sure I would have ordered if I had known that I would be charged $28 / bottle for shipping. I ordered only the cheaper Les Robardelles, Les Monts Luisants, and Les Chaffots as a bit of a lark. And the shipping costs might have been enough to dissuade me from ordering.
Andrew Johnstone

Ken McNamara

2012 Maison Ilan

#409 Post by Ken McNamara » January 4th, 2016, 5:30 am

amjohnstone wrote:I ordered just once from Maison Ilan. I ordered six bottles of 2013, and I received my wine a couple months ago. Over night, I received a similar PayPal invoice via email:
Amount: $168.43 USD
You received this payment request but haven't paid it yet.
Date Requested: Jan 3, 2016
Subject: Your 2013 Maison Ilan Shipping Charges
Note: UPS insurance (2% of order totals): $11.25

Total shipping charges: $168.43
I'm torn about how to respond. Like one or two others have mentioned, I'm not sure I would have ordered if I had known that I would be charged $28 / bottle for shipping. I ordered only the cheaper Les Robardelles, Les Monts Luisants, and Les Chaffots as a bit of a lark. And the shipping costs might have been enough to dissuade me from ordering.
I am torn too. I'd pay AIW their cost, but by some of their posting I believe they have been paid for their efforts. Had I known the backend shipping costs initially then I would have passed altogether.

Humberto Dorta
Contributor
Contributor

2012 Maison Ilan

#410 Post by Humberto Dorta » January 4th, 2016, 6:12 am

Not only would I have been dissuaded from ordering, I would be happy to send all the wine back for a full refund. Once the dust settles I intend to tell Zach just that. Refund and shipping label first, of course.
--Berto

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#411 Post by Siun o'Connell » January 4th, 2016, 6:22 am

Doesn't Paypal have a dispute process? I wonder what their reaction would be to unapproved extraordinary charges?

Andrew L.

2012 Maison Ilan

#412 Post by Andrew L. » January 4th, 2016, 6:24 am

These aren't automatic charges; simply a request for payment.

A payment for which MI has zero leverage to collect.
L I T T L E

JimmyGillingham

2012 Maison Ilan

#413 Post by JimmyGillingham » January 4th, 2016, 6:25 am

Humberto Dorta wrote:Not only would I have been dissuaded from ordering, I would be happy to send all the wine back for a full refund. Once the dust settles I intend to tell Zach just that. Refund and shipping label first, of course.
Depending on the response that I receive, I may also request a refund. The wine was already at the top of my price range. Had the shipping been disclosed, I would not have ordered.

Mike Cohen

2012 Maison Ilan

#414 Post by Mike Cohen » January 4th, 2016, 8:30 am

Andrew L. wrote:These aren't automatic charges; simply a request for payment.

A payment for which MI has zero leverage to collect.
^This. There is about a zero percent chance that I would pay this. The only leverage that MI has is preventing future purchases until payment is made. I can't imagine that's much of a threat to people here.

Austin Y

2012 Maison Ilan

#415 Post by Austin Y » January 4th, 2016, 9:00 am

Any attorneys here that could comment on the legality of this and/or the ramifications of not paying?
Austin Smith

Mark Mason

2012 Maison Ilan

#416 Post by Mark Mason » January 4th, 2016, 9:07 am

My invoice lists 2010, 2011 and 2012- 9 bottles total for $315. I guess I'll look for another request for the 2013's, the one's he failed to send to AIW and had to special process, probably another few hundred for those two. That's $35 each bottle. He screwed up my 2012 order and the one Ilan wine I have opened, was dumped down the sink as undrinkable.
Hard water fisherman

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#417 Post by ClarkstonMark » January 4th, 2016, 9:08 am

Austin Y wrote:Any attorneys here that could comment on the legality of this and/or the ramifications of not paying?
Not an attorney.
Shipping was not included in the deal (for some vintages anyway), there is that.
MI was supposed to give more details on shipping costs, but never did.
Some customers had wines substituted, others had wines not delivered.
If these are actual real costs (and all the correct wines ordered were delivered), then customers probably should pay (though I would ask for documentation of actual cots).
But would it surprise anyone if the costs have been embellished?
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

Andrew Kaufman

2012 Maison Ilan

#418 Post by Andrew Kaufman » January 4th, 2016, 9:11 am

Austin the terms of shipment were pretty vague so the enforceability is unknown. Laws are different in each state, so no one answer is possible. Complicated by the fact it is a contact with a French Company.

manishdutta

2012 Maison Ilan

#419 Post by manishdutta » January 4th, 2016, 9:13 am

$536.44 here, and I also won 1,000,000,000.00 Nigerian Lottery so will pass him that email for the exchange. Figured it'd be an even trade since he's closer he can drive over.

What a f'in joke - I've stayed quite for the most part but this saga never ends

Scot H.

2012 Maison Ilan

#420 Post by Scot H. » January 4th, 2016, 9:13 am

Got an invoice this morning for $378. I never agreed to pay for the importation of these wines - that's the ostensible point of this model! I'm happy to pay for reasonable shipping within the CONUS.

I went back and looked at my emails and this is what the 2012 future offer stated:
We truly appreciate your interest and support for us early on. Please email us with your desired quantities along with your Shipping address, and phone number are to be specified with all order requests. Please make note of the ordering requirements on Chambertin. In short, requests consisting of only 3 bottles of Chambertin will unfortunately be unable to be fulfilled. Orders will be confirmed with an invoice once your order is received via email. VISA and MASTERCARD are now the only accepted methods of payment. Once your order is confirmed, I will personally call you to process your payment on our credit card terminal. Your bank will charge your account in whatever your home currency is, without extra effort on your part. As we are working with a unique setup for Direct sales, we have set the minimum order at 6 bottles total.

We appreciate payment following Order Confirmations. Allocations and limits are offered on a first come, first served basis. Wines will not be reserved until payment is received. Wines shipping to the USA will be exported and held in a centralized warehouse prior to being shipped to your specified address. Shipments inside of Europe, as well as those for Australia, New Zealand and Asia will be stored in our winery in Nuits-Saint-Georges, France prior to shipping with the option to pick up from the winery.

@$$elm@n

Jonathan Favre

2012 Maison Ilan

#421 Post by Jonathan Favre » January 4th, 2016, 9:22 am

Kind of funny they are asking for $ for import costs/storage, etc. - really high numbers at that. Ridiculous! They can pay for me to send all the bottles back for a full refund in the end if they want.

Austin Y

2012 Maison Ilan

#422 Post by Austin Y » January 4th, 2016, 9:22 am

ClarkstonMark wrote:
Austin Y wrote:Any attorneys here that could comment on the legality of this and/or the ramifications of not paying?
Not an attorney.
Shipping was not included in the deal (for some vintages anyway), there is that.
MI was supposed to give more details on shipping costs, but never did.
Some customers had wines substituted, others had wines not delivered.
If these are actual real costs (and all the correct wines ordered were delivered), then customers probably should pay (though I would ask for documentation of actual cots).
But would it surprise anyone if the costs have been embellished?

I had only 2012's show up, the 2013's were forgotten and later sent to me. I don't recall shipping being mentioned for either of these vintages. I assumed the shipping was baked into his pricing. This is beyond shady.
Austin Smith

Ken McNamara

2012 Maison Ilan

#423 Post by Ken McNamara » January 4th, 2016, 9:23 am

"accessed" is not assessed:-)

NickC

2012 Maison Ilan

#424 Post by NickC » January 4th, 2016, 10:07 am

f*cking clown show
Hello everyone, regarding Shipping Fees, please hold off on making payments while me make adjustments. Many invoices have contained errors. We are working on these and will be reissuing corrected invoices within the following days.
Thank you
Ray Walker
Think you're done, and just keep getting pulled back in.
ch ee k (like on your face)

Bill Klapp (deactivated)

2012 Maison Ilan

#425 Post by Bill Klapp (deactivated) » January 4th, 2016, 10:49 am

NickC wrote:f*cking clown show
Hello everyone, regarding Shipping Fees, please hold off on making payments while me make adjustments. Many invoices have contained errors. We are working on these and will be reissuing corrected invoices within the following days.
Thank you
Ray Walker
You want a clown show, scan a few days' worth of posts on the arrogant shit's Facebook page. It makes me want to beat the crap out of Bourdain for being stupid enough to have his photo taken with the fool! :) If those of you with skin in this come up with a legal strategy to drive him out of the wine business, let me know where to send my donation...

Bill Tex Landreth

2012 Maison Ilan

#426 Post by Bill Tex Landreth » January 4th, 2016, 11:10 am

Thank you
Ray Walker
Looks to me it has been pulled.
It's not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would be doing it if it were easy.

amjohnstone
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#427 Post by amjohnstone » January 4th, 2016, 11:11 am

Austin Y wrote:I had only 2012's show up, the 2013's were forgotten and later sent to me. I don't recall shipping being mentioned for either of these vintages. I assumed the shipping was baked into his pricing. This is beyond shady.
I just re-read all of my email with Maison Ilan about my lone order for six 2013s. There's no reference to shipping costs anywhere. Honestly, I also thought shipping was baked into the amount I already paid for the wine. Which is why I was so surprised to receive the invoice for shipping this morning.
Andrew Johnstone

SteveC

2012 Maison Ilan

#428 Post by SteveC » January 4th, 2016, 11:21 am

Maison Ilan would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant
Maison Ilan
ray@maison-ilan.com
Note from merchant
UPS insurance (2% order totals):$137.12
UPS packaging 3 btls:$4.74
UPS packaging 7-12 btls:$12.59*7=$88.13
LRL to US 4-6 kg:$79.37
LRL to US 10-17 kg:$165.06*7=$1,155.41
AIW to E. Coast 1-6 btl case:$37.50
AIW to E. Coast 15 btl case:$90.00*6=$540.00
AIW warehouse charge/case:$20.34*7=$142.38
Description Amount
Service $2,184.65 USD
Total $2,184.65 USD

Upon receipt of a full refund for my 2011s and 2012s and pre-paid shippers from MI, I will return my wines to Maison Ilan. These shipping charges are insane and were never approved by me. $2,184.65!! Are you flipping kidding me!?!!
Ste ve C o yl e
""Too Much Wine, Too Little Time"
"Life is Too Short to Drink Bad Wine."
"Damn You GC, You Have Cost Me Loads of Money by Introducing Me to This Obsession!!"

Jorge Henriquez
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

2012 Maison Ilan

#429 Post by Jorge Henriquez » January 4th, 2016, 11:25 am

Bill Klapp wrote:
Thank you
Ray Walker
You want a clown show, scan a few days' worth of posts on the arrogant shit's Facebook page. It makes me want to beat the crap out of Bourdain for being stupid enough to have his photo taken with the fool! :) If those of you with skin in this come up with a legal strategy to drive him out of the wine business, let me know where to send my donation...
RW.jpg
RW.jpg (58.86 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Wonder who the middle finger is meant for.
Cohort Numero Uno!
"I'm a bowl of excitement, bitch!" TMF 08/13/10

Robert Grenley
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#430 Post by Robert Grenley » January 4th, 2016, 11:39 am

Perhaps Ray will consider nipping this ASAP in the bud and emailing everyone that this was a horrible mistake and not to pay anything until this is cleared up, before a disgruntled customer contacts a wine journalist and exposes this swindle in a more widely read venue such as the Wine Spectator, the Wall Street Journal, etc? "Media Darling Winemaker Involved in Undisclosed Delivery Charge Gouging"
I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff.
-Bob Dylan

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it."

Randy Bowman
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#431 Post by Randy Bowman » January 4th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Robert Grenley wrote:Perhaps Ray will consider nipping this ASAP in the bud and emailing everyone that this was a horrible mistake and not to pay anything until this is cleared up, before a disgruntled customer contacts a wine journalist and exposes this swindle in a more widely read venue such as the Wine Spectator, the Wall Street Journal, etc? "Media Darling Winemaker Involved in Undisclosed Delivery Charge Gouging"
Actually, they already know. They are playing Ostrich, hoping it'll go away.
IN THE BUSINESS SHILL: An associate of a person selling goods, who pretends no association to the seller and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer.

NickC

2012 Maison Ilan

#432 Post by NickC » January 4th, 2016, 12:34 pm

Bill Tex Landreth wrote:
Thank you
Ray Walker
Looks to me it has been pulled.
The post is still there. Safe presumption is that you've been blocked by Ray on facebook.

Mark Mason

2012 Maison Ilan

#433 Post by Mark Mason » January 4th, 2016, 12:38 pm

If the invoice is incorrect, why wouldn't he send out another mass email telling us to wait for a corrected statement? Is he waiting to see who will pay these huge bills first?
Hard water fisherman

George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#434 Post by George Hejna » January 4th, 2016, 1:13 pm

Mark Mason wrote:If the invoice is incorrect, why wouldn't he send out another mass email telling us to wait for a corrected statement? Is he waiting to see who will pay these huge bills first?
Because Facebook is always better for communicating with customers even though you have their actual email addresses. Duh..... newhere [snort.gif]

George

Dennis Borczon
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#435 Post by Dennis Borczon » January 4th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Got a call from Ray today. He apologized and stated that the LRL fee, whatever it means, is going to be adjusted. I told him flatly that 25$ per bottle shipping was unacceptable. He explained that shipping from France was "not like shipping in the United States"

Well wineries in the United States usually let you know what the shipping charge is up front, BEFORE you get the wine. Geez, I did not expect how ludicrous this whole thing would turn out to be. To be fair, Ray is a stand up guy. He blamed much of the difficulty on Zack.

NickC

2012 Maison Ilan

#436 Post by NickC » January 4th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Dennis Borczon wrote:To be fair, Ray is a stand up guy. He blamed much of the difficulty on Zack.
That's an absurd statement.

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#437 Post by Craig G » January 4th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Corey, I want to turn the lights off but these people won't leave.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

JimmyGillingham

2012 Maison Ilan

#438 Post by JimmyGillingham » January 4th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Dennis Borczon wrote:Got a call from Ray today. He apologized and stated that the LRL fee, whatever it means, is going to be adjusted. I told him flatly that 25$ per bottle shipping was unacceptable. He explained that shipping from France was "not like shipping in the United States"

Well wineries in the United States usually let you know what the shipping charge is up front, BEFORE you get the wine. Geez, I did not expect how ludicrous this whole thing would turn out to be. To be fair, Ray is a stand up guy. He blamed much of the difficulty on Zack.

Did he give an idea on how significant the adjustment would be? I hope that by "adjusted" he meant removed.

Corey N.

2012 Maison Ilan

#439 Post by Corey N. » January 4th, 2016, 1:24 pm

Craig G wrote:Corey, I want to turn the lights off but these people won't leave.
They're assholes for holding you against your will.
WOTY: 2013 d’Yquem

Nøv¡¢k

Austin Y

2012 Maison Ilan

#440 Post by Austin Y » January 4th, 2016, 1:33 pm

SteveC wrote:Maison Ilan would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant
Maison Ilan
ray@maison-ilan.com
Note from merchant
UPS insurance (2% order totals):$137.12
UPS packaging 3 btls:$4.74
UPS packaging 7-12 btls:$12.59*7=$88.13
LRL to US 4-6 kg:$79.37
LRL to US 10-17 kg:$165.06*7=$1,155.41
AIW to E. Coast 1-6 btl case:$37.50
AIW to E. Coast 15 btl case:$90.00*6=$540.00
AIW warehouse charge/case:$20.34*7=$142.38
Description Amount
Service $2,184.65 USD
Total $2,184.65 USD

Upon receipt of a full refund for my 2011s and 2012s and pre-paid shippers from MI, I will return my wines to Maison Ilan. These shipping charges are insane and were never approved by me. $2,184.65!! Are you flipping kidding me!?!!

Former logistics employee of an Italian wine company here. It cost us roughly $6,500 per CONTAINER (1,200-1,400 cases) to import. Your costs listed above are beyond absurd.
Austin Smith

m. ristev

2012 Maison Ilan

#441 Post by m. ristev » January 4th, 2016, 1:39 pm

how will he pay for new rims, new sneakers, and a gold chain?
mајкл

ClarkstonMark
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#442 Post by ClarkstonMark » January 4th, 2016, 1:51 pm

NickC wrote:
Dennis Borczon wrote:To be fair, Ray is a stand up guy. He blamed much of the difficulty on Zack.
When I first read about the Facebook message, I was about to post that no one will be hearing from Zack@MI any more ...
Mark Cronmiller
White Lake, MI

NickC

2012 Maison Ilan

#443 Post by NickC » January 4th, 2016, 2:01 pm

ClarkstonMark wrote:
NickC wrote:
When I first read about the Facebook message, I was about to post that no one will be hearing from Zack@MI any more ...
He might have screwed this particular thing up, but Ray's been tripping over himself for years at this point, so to blame the difficulty on anyone else but himself is ridiculous.

Sean G Harden

2012 Maison Ilan

#444 Post by Sean G Harden » January 4th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Scot H. wrote:Got an invoice this morning for $378. I never agreed to pay for the importation of these wines - that's the ostensible point of this model! I'm happy to pay for reasonable shipping within the CONUS.

I went back and looked at my emails and this is what the 2012 future offer stated:
We truly appreciate your interest and support for us early on. Please email us with your desired quantities along with your Shipping address, and phone number are to be specified with all order requests. Please make note of the ordering requirements on Chambertin. In short, requests consisting of only 3 bottles of Chambertin will unfortunately be unable to be fulfilled. Orders will be confirmed with an invoice once your order is received via email. VISA and MASTERCARD are now the only accepted methods of payment. Once your order is confirmed, I will personally call you to process your payment on our credit card terminal. Your bank will charge your account in whatever your home currency is, without extra effort on your part. As we are working with a unique setup for Direct sales, we have set the minimum order at 6 bottles total.

We appreciate payment following Order Confirmations. Allocations and limits are offered on a first come, first served basis. Wines will not be reserved until payment is received. Wines shipping to the USA will be exported and held in a centralized warehouse prior to being shipped to your specified address. Shipments inside of Europe, as well as those for Australia, New Zealand and Asia will be stored in our winery in Nuits-Saint-Georges, France prior to shipping with the option to pick up from the winery.

You've hit the nail firmly on the head there. If you feel that the cost to ship is unreasonable and can prove that you could have had it shipped for less then that's what you should pay. At the very least Maison Ilan should have been telling the customers the costs of shipping prior to shipping to be able to have the option to make their own arrangements.

From a legal point of view it goes to test of reasonableness. One can see by the differing costs people have been getting that the one thing these shipping costs are not is reasonable.

Bill Klapp (deactivated)

2012 Maison Ilan

#445 Post by Bill Klapp (deactivated) » January 4th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Randy Bowman wrote:
Robert Grenley wrote:Perhaps Ray will consider nipping this ASAP in the bud and emailing everyone that this was a horrible mistake and not to pay anything until this is cleared up, before a disgruntled customer contacts a wine journalist and exposes this swindle in a more widely read venue such as the Wine Spectator, the Wall Street Journal, etc? "Media Darling Winemaker Involved in Undisclosed Delivery Charge Gouging"
Actually, they already know. They are playing Ostrich, hoping it'll go away.
True enough. That worse-than-useless wine dilettante Eric Asimov helped visit the Walker plague upon America by pimping the absurd Walker story without as much as 5 minutes of due diligence, then pimping the semi-literate book without reading it. So much for wine journalism...

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#446 Post by Chris Blum » January 4th, 2016, 2:05 pm

NickC wrote:
Read again...I think Dennis is being ironic.
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Chris Blum
GCC Member
GCC Member

2012 Maison Ilan

#447 Post by Chris Blum » January 4th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Sean, what are ballpark bulk shipping and misc fees per bottle to a US port for quantities that Ray would ship? Any idea of a range?
"Well, wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit" -- Lucille Bluth
"The Packers f'n suck" -- Todd French

Jason Berry

2012 Maison Ilan

#448 Post by Jason Berry » January 4th, 2016, 2:20 pm

not Sean, but they should be about $3 per.
JFB

Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

2012 Maison Ilan

#449 Post by Chris Freemott » January 4th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Perhaps Ray will consider nipping this ASAP in the bud and emailing everyone that this was a horrible mistake and not to pay anything until this is cleared up, before a disgruntled customer contacts a wine journalist and exposes this swindle in a more widely read venue such as the Wine Spectator, the Wall Street Journal, etc? "Media Darling Winemaker Involved in Undisclosed Delivery Charge Gouging"
Or Elin at Bloomberg where this kinda started...

NickC

2012 Maison Ilan

#450 Post by NickC » January 4th, 2016, 2:37 pm

I mean, $20/case to AIW for warehousing? On what planet are we responsible for this?

Return to “Wine Talk”