Question re: Wine Connection (Max Marinucci)

I have emailed them and called them to no avail. The don’t respond to emails, and they don’t answer their phone (and their voicemail tank is full so it won’t accept a message)

And they have some wine of mine.

Anyone have any other means of contacting them? Did they go out of business?

Wow, that’s a name from the past. Might I be bold enough to suggest emailing Dan Posner to inquire about this?

Is there a Wine Connection between them (see what I did there)?

I still receive sales-email from them. But have not bought in years. In fact, I recall just deleting one from early today.

As I recall, they’d respond pretty quickly then by email or phone.

Ramon

Well, I will email again, but it didn’t work last time, and I have called several times and gotten no answer. And no ability to leave a message

Seems this has become an ongoing issue in wine sales lately.

Mercury is retrograde through June 11th.

Daniel Posner’s store has no relation to Max’s store that I’m aware of. Daniel and Max do, or at least did, know each other.

There were issues like this, Neal, with Wine Connection a few years ago - believe they were written about here and on Parker. iirc, Max was dealing with some personal/family issues at the time but, as I said, it was some time ago so my memory is a bit foggy.

I haven’t done business with WC in years, so I can’t speak to the current state of affairs of there, but I do hope you get your wine.

Based on past threads on this subject, their level of responsiveness seems to vary greatly. However, I continue to get daily (more or less) sales e-mails, and the last time I was there in person (granted, it’s been a while) things seemed the same as ever.

If worst comes to worst, I’m sure there are people in the area (myself included) that could stop in on your behalf. I go there once in a while anyway.

You are extremely kind to say that, John, but I am going to try my best to avoid imposing on anyone. It’s six bottles, and not expensive ones at that, but I’d really like to get them.

They’re competitors in Westchester and used to razz each other in a friendly way on eBob. So Jorge’s comment is tongue in cheek.

I got an e-mail from Wine Connection today, so somebody’s around there. They’re probably just swamped pushing 2010 Brunello and Bordeaux futures.

Is it Truchot?

Sorry, too soon?

Bruce

Ponzi scheme

I deal with Max. I received a delivery 2 weeks ago (I am local). They have been good to me but sometimes it does require more than 1 email. Another person who works there (whom I discuss deliveries with) is Chris → chris@wineconn.com. Good luck.

If you are worried about all of the ponzi schemes out there… I would likely bid you for your wines. 50/50 pay/delivery :slight_smile:

Ha! Thanks for the info.

FWIW- I have found their storage and condition of bottles pretty impeccable so perhaps that is some small consolation while you wait…

and given the above Truchot reference… I am not vouching for them. Just pointing out my experience. So, if somehow this goes more pear shaped, pls don’t build any expectations on the back of my words to later be dragged through the mud.

Sometimes it seems a minor miracle we ever get our wine from any store.

I blame Obamacare.

Thanks everyone. I am sure I will eventually be able to get the wine.

Despite Obama.