2010 Cappellano Barolo Pie Franco - Where is it?

In parallel to the Pie Rupestris thread, I’m curious to know what’s happened to the Pie Franco. It seems essentially non-existent in the US and rumors reached my ears that fewer than 15 cases may have made it stateside (I find the claim by Mr. Gangas of a six pack of 1.5L in OWC, while conceivable, more likely a joke given the rarity and that Cappellano releases mags in individual OWC and its 750s in cardboard). From what I’ve gathered, it is at least that rare in Europe and no more easily found in Italy. So if ~150 cases were made, where the hell is it? Any thoughts? Any insight from those ITB?

Damn. The OWC gave me away. Just like Rudy.

My experience ? All wines eventually become available if you are persistent.

I don’t know for sure, but I am confident that this isn’t true. Massachusetts would have gotten way too much of that amount for it to make sense. That said, allocations are going to be extremely tight, and I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t show up on winesearcher at all. It’s here, so I would suggest immediately reaching out to whichever merchant(s) you buy the most Barolo from and asking if you can get any.

I haven’t been able to buy any yet, but I’ve seen it appear. Royal Wine Merchant in NYC had some but sold out. I’m going to post the same in the Pie Rupestris thread, but the 2010 Pie Rupestris has not turned out to be difficult to find. I’ve purchased a few from Crush, Primi Vini, and Royal Wine Merchant. As of this writing, are still a few bottles remaining at Royal Wine Merchant at a good price ($85).

Agreed. The Franco has been difficult. I’ve yet to come across a bottle. I would not pay the $200 observed on WineSearcher ymmv.

Got 6 bottles confirmed today. So hard to find…

Now that you got yours, care to share where you got it?

Wouldn’t matter, what they had got allocated out. Fast…

And getting an allocation is not the same as getting delivery…

Happy to post names, etc, after delivery.

Premier Cru “has” it on pre-arrvival, but they won’t be sending it until 2017 when they can confirm they actually have it.

It’s worth noting that fewer than 2000 bottles of Franco are made. Maybe 160 cases.

All, I think there were less than 161 cases made, so you need to take that into account.

I’m just glad to see the quantity growing. Pretty soon we’ll all be bathing in the stuff!

Anyway, I got 6 and a mag, so I’m happy!

Got shut out. Bummer. Maybe because I was only looking for 3.

Nice allo Ken, most likely the shop’s entire nut.

We requested an insane amount of all of the wines in our DI, hoping to secure as much of the PF as possible. Have been told our allocation was sizable, though I’m guessing we’ll have more Pappy Rye than Pie Franco to sell with what we ending up getting from the importer.

Half. I’m not greedy.

I didn’t get much, but it’s on the menu
http://s3.amazonaws.com/www-nicoosteria-com-3a69457e/cms/pressroom/wine_52015.pdf

Got one 750 and one mag. Like the new label.