TN: 1997 DRC Romanée-Conti

Anyone speak Mandarin?

It’s Cantonese.

Hmm… Probably they are selling this (not that I understand Cantonese, mind you). What are the odds it’s a fake?

What are they saying?

What does it matter? You already made your conclusions:

D’oh. They should have a poorly dubbed English version a la Wayne’s World 2.

Oh c’mon Adrian. It’s just a guess, for goodness sake.

dat glass

http://us.baccarat.com/crystal/wine/glasses-1100173.html

Why pay big $$$ for a fish bowl when you can purchase an ultra stylish beer mug for $200?

[berserker.gif]

What? dude, can you stop typing in Spanish? :wink:

C’mon man, Wayne’s World 2. If you book them, they will come. Grab a large tub of popcorn and watch the whole movie ASAP.

[popcorn.gif]

Oh, I know lol!

Still…dat glass.

Hmm, they don’t look like tuhao (China’s new, uncultured megarich) to me. Or do they?

Btw, Cantonese sounds way different than Mandarin. Mandarin can sound pleasant. Cantonese is more rough and tumble. ;D

Mandarin?
Simon would say

bah DRC.
i only get 10 cases of … enderle and moll every year mate!They i can sell sure 30X more than…
i was drinking a DRC 2005 la romane conti i gave the e@m 09 b 19+/20 …
Just tasted e@m 10 woweeee !!!
mmmmh…and tremblay sure also 10x…thats ace makers and really a-rare…
we make a wine business and uncle bob gives us 100 pt for an present than … think…maybe…better…enderle or tremblay…

So they’re showing you the wines you should be pouring into your $475 fishbowl?

Is it just me or did that cork look pretty soaked through? Would that be normal for a 1997? Seems like a young wine to have the cork so well saturated.

+1

I was also surprised by how soaked the cork appeared to be for what was an 11-12 year-old wine at the time. As for whether the bottle’s legit, I have no clue. Their other videos show a wide array of expensive wines, though nothing really comes close to the RC in terms of $$$.
Does anyone happen to know what the '97 RC was selling for on release?

Pretty sure the '97 RC was sub $1k in the US on release if you had a standard retail markup, but that was before I was receiving such offers.

Cheers,
fred

Fred’s price sounds about right. The 2000 DRC Romanee Conti was around $1200 on release.