Retailer check: Sommpicks

Anybody know these folks SommPicks? Great selection and good prices as far as I can see.

I’ve had nothing but good experiences.

I had a mishap on an order (sent me the wrong bottle) and Mike was really professional about it. He offered me the bottle at cost or a label to send it back for a refund.

Neat, they also have Scotch!

I picked up some Dauvissat, Raveneau and older Chinon. Nice inventory.

Mike is a stand up guy. No negative experiences with him so far.

Last order was for a 1951 Armagnac and their online inventory was actually incorrect. He ended up subbing it with another 1951 Armagnac that was a little more expensive for no extra cost.

Nothing but great experience here as well.
Perusing the new list.

+1. Only good dealings with Mike, and he’s fun to discuss wine with at well (former somm at Del Posto). Pricing can be a bit steep, but sometimes he gets his hands on rare stuff that I’m willing to pay up for.
Every so often he’ll send out an email with excellent prices, but usually they’re tiny quantities can sold by the time I respond.

I’ve had good experiences too.

I’ve been getting the emails but have never purchased until today, buying the
Jacques Lassaigne, La Colline Inspirée, Blanc de Blancs, Extra Brut Montgueux, Aube, Champagne, NV.

Looking forward to see how they are when I get them…

Bumping this thread, anyone buy anything lately from them?

I bought from them last year, no issues.

-Al

they are still great. Just ordered stuff today

caveat - I consider Mike a friend but I also buy wine from him.

Still good.

Bought today and last year. Very good operation.

400+ bottles of Raveneau in that email drop today.

Does no one drink that stuff anymore?

Buy with confidence. Never an issue.

That wasn’t even the reason for bumping this thread lol, but I’ll let my Chablis loving friends know.

Serious selection. Prompt and courteous service. As is typical, they do not hold orders to consolidate shipping. So don’t place a bunch of single orders, separate your pre-arrival from in stock.

I have placed multiple orders with them over the last few years. May take a while for things to land, but they seem to run a smart operation

Also bought previously and today. Appreciate their rationing of allocated stuff when possible to give multiple people a chance

only good experiences.