TN: 2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

• 2012 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (4/5/2015)
    Scents of earth, mushrooms, clove, lilacs, tomato leaf, roses, and vibrant red fruits dominate the nose. The palate is silk initially as fruity notes of raspberries and wild strawberries transition into more tart fruits like sour cherry and cranberry along the finish. The nose of this wine keeps changing and is quite exotic…I think I’m finally happy with this wine. Prior tastings had me wondering if I would like this vintage. This is clearly outstanding…and may have room to grow with greater patience and time in the cellar. Light bodied, med+ fruit, medium+ acidity, med tannin, and a long finish. This wine is light and vibrant without giving up any intensity or the beauty that Oregon Pinot Noir is known for. Outstanding!! (check back in 2020)

Posted from CellarTracker

We all loved this wine tonight. Interesting nose of earth and a whiff of chemical or a medicine perhaps. Great, creamy mouthfeel and a red-fruited attack of considerable length. Strawberries, cranberries, cherries - they are all easily appreciated. Delicious +.

Really happy I got a bunch more.

Just finished a bottle over 2 nights. Some vintage warmth. bright and lively enough with enjoyable ripeness and red fruits. Thomas does well with warm vintages IMHO. Appealing secondary interest, as usual. No need to wait…10 year window reached. I’d probably lean towards drinking within the next 5 years.

RT

2 Likes

Thanks for the note. Doc Levine graciously hooked me up with a magnum of this vintage and I’ve been wondering when to open it. The '13 recently was in a great spot.

Still got 4 x 750s and 1 x magnum. Guess I better get busy!