Post your CELLAR PIC time…..

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
NickC

#251 Post by NickC » April 24th, 2015, 7:21 am

ariamali hart wrote:
Howard Cooper wrote:
ariamali hart wrote:Since the OP used the thread as a way to boast his own cellar, can we please change the title to: "allow me to try and impress you with MY cellar"?
I really get tired sometimes of people who come to a wine board and expect everyone to be poor. I am enjoying this thread.
roflmao- not poor in the least.
Wasn't the implication Howard was making, but whatever.

You might be barking up the wrong tree here.
ch ee k (like on your face)

Nick Ryan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#252 Post by Nick Ryan » May 3rd, 2015, 1:59 am

Built in a small-ish room but double-deep so it holds plenty. Did all the construction work myself, probably saving $70k in the process, and having a LOT of fun. (Sadly, no unpacked cases of DRC to be found.) Split system cooling. The bulbs are LED halogen replacements that put out near-zero heat (these were incredibly hard to find in 2008.)
http://sites.google.com/site/nryan4242/CellarPlannerV11.zip

Jeffrey Neal

#253 Post by Jeffrey Neal » May 30th, 2015, 11:50 am

We built a small cellar that holds just under 900 bottles. The racks are all-heart redwood from Apex (via Costco). The floor is a ceramic tile that looks like wood. Walls are Densarmor drywall. The cooling unit is from Cellarpro. Insulation is 3.5" of closed-cell spray foam in the walls, 5" or so in the ceiling.

This is nothing like what we started to build. The advice people on this board offered and the examples of cellars folks here have built were incredibly helpful.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
Bottle bin numbering
FullSizeRender 5.jpg (12.26 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Single deep racks and rectangular bins
FullSizeRender 2.jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
FullSizeRender 13.jpg
View from outside
FullSizeRender 13.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 4150 times

Ty Hockstaff

#254 Post by Ty Hockstaff » May 30th, 2015, 11:58 am

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#255 Post by Mark Golodetz » May 30th, 2015, 1:17 pm

NickC wrote:
Howard Cooper wrote:
ariamali hart wrote:Since the OP used the thread as a way to boast his own cellar, can we please change the title to: "allow me to try and impress you with MY cellar"?
I really get tired sometimes of people who come to a wine board and expect everyone to be poor. I am enjoying this thread.

Wasn't the implication Howard was making, but whatever.

You might be barking up the wrong tree here.

Not surprised he missed the point; he is not exactly an intellectual power house.
ITB

Marshall Gelb
GCC Member
GCC Member

#256 Post by Marshall Gelb » June 1st, 2015, 9:13 am

T. Melloni wrote:
Marshall Gelb wrote:
T. Melloni wrote:Here was mine . . . for many years.
IMG_00000108.jpg
IMG_00000104_2.jpg
Served me well.
That is an almost exact match of mine! Still running but I think the compressor needs to be replaced....Have been very lucky!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif
Mine is still ticking... like a Timex watch.

It has been almost 25 Years.
The Uniform Commercial Code, as it relates to secured financial transactions, defines a fixture as movable personal property that have become so related to real property that an interest in them arises under real property law. Think of your heating or cooling system for the non-lawyers here.

My Vinoteque is a fixture. When it arrived, despite my best measurements, it would not turn in the limited space in the stairwell to my basement. The movers un-crated the cooler and left it in my garage with a plan to pick it up and return it if I could not figure out what to do.
I ended up removing the landing to the stairs leading to my basement and lowered the unit down, and had the landing and some steps rebuilt.
It is now a fixture. Too expensive to remove. The buyer of my house has the option of keeping the unit. If they do not want it, a sawzall, hammer and some wrenches will remove it. I'll use the racking and give away the compressor.

Marshall - If that happens, I would be happy to give you the compressor. Except, I don't think the value of a 25 year old unit is worth the shipping costs East Coast to West Coast.

Thanks of the offer but mine is still running and worse comes to worse, I will replace the compressor if feasible. If not, I would simply have to replace it as my home is not conducive to building a real cellar. One of the reasons I am actually considering moving one of these days.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]
A quién tiene buen vino no le faltan amigos.

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#257 Post by dsGriswold » June 1st, 2015, 8:31 pm

Jeffrey Neal wrote:We built a small cellar that holds just under 900 bottles. The racks are all-heart redwood from Apex (via Costco). The floor is a ceramic tile that looks like wood. Walls are Densarmor drywall. The cooling unit is from Cellarpro. Insulation is 3.5" of closed-cell spray foam in the walls, 5" or so in the ceiling.

This is nothing like what we started to build. The advice people on this board offered and the examples of cellars folks here have built were incredibly helpful.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
I like your numbering. [cheers.gif]
BTW, I am not a wealthy collector, but appreciate the pics from those that have better cellars than I do. Just as I like a Porche Turbo Carrera even though I cannot afford one either.
If I was a bit younger and had the room, I would do a full build out, but my passive cellar works well until I exceed 500 which is too often and seems to be just an unattainable goal. [snort.gif]
Last edited by dsGriswold on June 1st, 2015, 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DennisG

Rick.T

#258 Post by Rick.T » June 1st, 2015, 8:35 pm

dsGriswold wrote:
Jeffrey Neal wrote:We built a small cellar that holds just under 900 bottles. The racks are all-heart redwood from Apex (via Costco). The floor is a ceramic tile that looks like wood. Walls are Densarmor drywall. The cooling unit is from Cellarpro. Insulation is 3.5" of closed-cell spray foam in the walls, 5" or so in the ceiling.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
I had to go back and look; glad I did, very cool.
T~@~n**d~y

Jeffrey Neal

#259 Post by Jeffrey Neal » June 1st, 2015, 9:30 pm

dsGriswold wrote:

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
BTW, I am not a wealthy collector, but appreciate the pics from those that have better cellars than I do. Just as I like a Porche Turbo Carrera even though I cannot afford one either.
If I was a bit younger and had the room, I would do a full build out, but my passive cellar works well until I exceed 500 which is too often and seems to be just an unattainable goal. [snort.gif]
Thanks! I bought a cheap die set ($20 + $5 shipping) from Amazon. Time-consuming, but I tried using clear labels and they looked sucky.

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#260 Post by dsGriswold » June 1st, 2015, 10:36 pm

One of the few tools I lack and need for marking cabinet doors. [thankyou.gif]
DennisG

T@ntina A
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Post your CELLAR PIC time…..

#261 Post by T@ntina A » April 8th, 2019, 11:25 am

Dave Gottschalk wrote:
April 14th, 2015, 11:44 am
David Cohen wrote:If not mistaken there is a cellar door disguised as a small home bar to "hide" whats really behind it.
Not exactly the same, but here is my door.DSC_8273.jpgDSC_8274.jpg
Love the hidden cellar idea. This is a great thread - trying to get some ideas!

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#262 Post by Todd F r e n c h » April 8th, 2019, 11:38 am

Jeffrey Neal wrote:
May 30th, 2015, 11:50 am
We built a small cellar that holds just under 900 bottles. The racks are all-heart redwood from Apex (via Costco). The floor is a ceramic tile that looks like wood. Walls are Densarmor drywall. The cooling unit is from Cellarpro. Insulation is 3.5" of closed-cell spray foam in the walls, 5" or so in the ceiling.

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender 13.jpg
Wow, the bin numbering stamp is fantastic!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#263 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 8th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Nice to see this thread revised. I imagine there may be a few more cellars done in the last four years to be featured.

In my case, I have an almost empty cellar; if I wanted a photograph of my wine collection in situ, I would post a picture of my off site storage.
ITB

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#264 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 9th, 2019, 6:11 am

Some of the greatest wines I have ever had come from an old friend of a merchant I deal with in England. He fought in the Battle of Britain, and after the War, became an engineer.
After a dozen stellar bottles, I was in England and asked the merchant about him. He was ailing, but was happy to see visitors, so after lunch, we went over. When we got to the basement, there were a few bottles stuck in the corner, generic stuff not in the last bit interesting. He motioned us to the side and pressed a hidden button. A large section of the floor began to move, a little creaky that gradually revealed a set of stairs.

Down we went. The smell of an old great musty cellar hit me. Rows of old Bordeaux, from the forties onwards, a few mid range Burgundies, and a few Ports. But it was the Bordeaux that drew me; that day I bought a few, some Lafleur Pétrus 1947 and 1955, Lanessan 1961 and a single magnum of Trotanoy 1959.

I have seen a lot of cellars, but none as interesting, or with contents that wonderful. He was a man who knew and understood his wines, and an early lover of Pomerol long before it became fashionable. I still kick myself that I didn’t buy the few bottles of Pétrus, which were just outside my budget.
ITB

Chris Roberson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#265 Post by Chris Roberson » April 9th, 2019, 9:57 am

B. Buzzini wrote:
April 3rd, 2015, 11:40 am
Always fun to look at pictures of wine cellars…..SO….post a pic of YOURS! [cheers.gif]

Buzz,
What are the dimensions of your room?

B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member

#266 Post by B. Buzzini » April 9th, 2019, 10:23 am

Chris Roberson wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 9:57 am

Buzz,
What are the dimensions of your room?
Found the old plans...
Attachments
D6832BBB-FE79-4962-BDA8-39980F7E3E41.jpeg
EAF7EBB9-CF1E-427F-9C2F-7BC4ABCA1D2E.jpeg
239632BF-7DD1-48CA-9BBA-8B7392B2E2AD.jpeg
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

Joe Raymond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#267 Post by Joe Raymond » April 9th, 2019, 10:39 am

Happy with the outcome of mine. Took a lot of planning and making sure it was done the way I wanted it :) Very popular hangout spot during the warm summer months
Attachments
81CBCBB0-D02C-443D-A3F6-8F2170D177A9.jpeg
5C119945-B361-4BD0-8BA3-3886A1245C4D.jpeg
FD9DBBEB-AF9D-40DE-9986-665C715DD830.jpeg
"That's what i do. I drink and I know things."

Claus Jeppesen

#268 Post by Claus Jeppesen » April 9th, 2019, 10:45 am

Did anyone consulted a professional designer / architect???
Most are really bad taste [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]
Just kiddin
A little
Claus

Riesling and Slate

Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>

#269 Post by Todd F r e n c h » April 9th, 2019, 10:55 am

Claus Jeppesen wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 10:45 am
Most are really bad taste [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]
Just kiddin
A little
Wow, that's unnecessarily harsh, and frankly nothing more than your opinion. I think there are some really stellar designs here
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Claus Jeppesen

#270 Post by Claus Jeppesen » April 9th, 2019, 11:11 am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 10:55 am
Claus Jeppesen wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 10:45 am
Most are really bad taste [rofl.gif]
Just kiddin
A little
Wow, that's unnecessarily harsh, and frankly nothing more than your opinion. I think there are some really stellar designs here
Nothing harsh
Just wondering about the "design" in obscene tropical wood
It is only fermented grape juice
And there are certainly plenty of great designers in your fantastic country [cheers.gif]
I mean Fank Lloyd Wright would have turned
Claus

Riesling and Slate

Mike Reff

#271 Post by Mike Reff » April 9th, 2019, 11:34 am

Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 6:11 am
Some of the greatest wines I have ever had come from an old friend of a merchant I deal with in England. He fought in the Battle of Britain, and after the War, became an engineer.
After a dozen stellar bottles, I was in England and asked the merchant about him. He was ailing, but was happy to see visitors, so after lunch, we went over. When we got to the basement, there were a few bottles stuck in the corner, generic stuff not in the last bit interesting. He motioned us to the side and pressed a hidden button. A large section of the floor began to move, a little creaky that gradually revealed a set of stairs.

Down we went. The smell of an old great musty cellar hit me. Rows of old Bordeaux, from the forties onwards, a few mid range Burgundies, and a few Ports. But it was the Bordeaux that drew me; that day I bought a few, some Lafleur Pétrus 1947 and 1955, Lanessan 1961 and a single magnum of Trotanoy 1959.

I have seen a lot of cellars, but none as interesting, or with contents that wonderful. He was a man who knew and understood his wines, and an early lover of Pomerol long before it became fashionable. I still kick myself that I didn’t buy the few bottles of Pétrus, which were just outside my budget.

Wait and you could not take a couple of pics and share?? Tsk tsk..

Scott G r u n e r

#272 Post by Scott G r u n e r » April 9th, 2019, 11:41 am

Wish I had a bit more variety of choices when doing the woodbox panel work... But used what little I had on-hand (without using the boxes I wanted for bulk floor storage/stack)
Last edited by Scott G r u n e r on April 9th, 2019, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
//Cynic

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#273 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 9th, 2019, 11:41 am

Mike Reff wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 11:34 am
Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 6:11 am

Wait and you could not take a couple of pics and share?? Tsk tsk..
This was about ten years ago, before the age of I phones. I also got the feeling I was privileged to be there, and even if I had a camera, could not have taken photos. Sadly I understand he died, and the cellar dispersed.
ITB

GregP

#274 Post by GregP » April 9th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Some nice cellars.

Best I have ever seen is in Blackhawk (SF East Bay), a rather large house was half demolished, cellar dug in, and a nine+ car garage plus utility room/etc re-built on top. For 22,000 bottles, whites and reds sections separate and with separate cooling units, as well as another unit for kitchen/tasting room area. Full kitchen, dumbwaiter to haul wine up and down, tasting room/area probably 25 by 25 feet, massive centuries old table he found some place. Kitchen and tasting room can be warmed up.cooled down (and separated from actual storage areas by thick glass walls) in seconds, literally.Funny enough, that 22,000 bottles capacity was already seemingly reached and tested when I saw the place (as we unloaded wine to empty out wine shop back room, 2 Gorilla racks' worth IIRC), with many wines sitting on the floor in cases/boxes with no room on shelves. Built by one of the most unassuming guys you'd ever meet, and one of the most generous when it came to sharing wine. I took a tour of the shelves, pretty much who's who of wine world, Old and New, vintages old and new, anything one would ever want to taste.
G r e g P i a t i g o r s k i
I T B - i s k a r a n u w i n e

JoeD

#275 Post by JoeD » April 10th, 2019, 5:58 am

Here is mine. Designed by me, lots of help from contractors, and my father in law on the racks. 11' x 10' x 6'4" maybe 1400ish bottles total mix of case on the bottom to max space (think stuffing cases in the corners), double-deep single racks on top.

-J0E D@BR0WSK1

AlexO

#276 Post by AlexO » April 10th, 2019, 6:41 am

Joe Raymond wrote:
April 9th, 2019, 10:39 am
Happy with the outcome of mine. Took a lot of planning and making sure it was done the way I wanted it :) Very popular hangout spot during the warm summer months
Love the wine barrel! I want to do something similar with the barrel I have. Is the top glass? how did you stabilize it to the barrel?
_________
@lex Offutt

Alan Eden - Berserker for Life!

Joe Raymond
GCC Member
GCC Member

#277 Post by Joe Raymond » April 10th, 2019, 6:49 am

Alex, yes it is a piece of glass that I picked up on amazon actually. Then all I did was put clear rubber feet on the edge of the barrel where the glass sits. I was worried of it moving or shifting but zero issues
"That's what i do. I drink and I know things."

David Cooper

#278 Post by David Cooper » April 10th, 2019, 7:57 am

In Claus defense the aesthetics are fairly derivative. I think this is an area of people's houses where the man is left alone to decorate and we are fairly simple in this area.Wood, glass and rock are what we yearn for. Too bad an open fire pit isn't an option.

John Peacock
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#279 Post by John Peacock » April 10th, 2019, 10:04 am

I built a 6' x 10' room in my garage last winter (no, a car won't fit any longer). All the racking I built from pine and the floor is plywood panels covered in corks from all the bottles of wine we have ever opened (so I can take the panels with us when we buy a new house). Cooling is just a window air conditioner with a CoolBot controller, and I don't need to run it from Oct - May.
Attachments
cellar - inside.jpg
cellar - outside.jpg
ITB - Ocelli Cellars

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#280 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 10th, 2019, 1:30 pm

John Peacock wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 10:04 am
I built a 6' x 10' room in my garage last winter (no, a car won't fit any longer). All the racking I built from pine and the floor is plywood panels covered in corks from all the bottles of wine we have ever opened (so I can take the panels with us when we buy a new house). Cooling is just a window air conditioner with a CoolBot controller, and I don't need to run it from Oct - May.
You should check humidity with this, as ACs are generally designed to remove humidity.
ITB

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#281 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 10th, 2019, 1:31 pm

JoeD wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 5:58 am
Here is mine. Designed by me, lots of help from contractors, and my father in law on the racks. 11' x 10' x 6'4" maybe 1400ish bottles total mix of case on the bottom to max space (think stuffing cases in the corners), double-deep single racks on top.

Love the floor; tile or real wood?
ITB

JoeD

#282 Post by JoeD » April 10th, 2019, 1:38 pm

Thanks, Mark. These are tiles 36" * 6" pieces @ $4-5/FT2. So far, holding up great.
Last edited by JoeD on April 10th, 2019, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

John Peacock
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#283 Post by John Peacock » April 10th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Mark Golodetz wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 1:30 pm
John Peacock wrote:
You should check humidity with this, as ACs are generally designed to remove humidity.
I have both a temp and humidity sensor inside the cellar (you can see it next to the magnum racking). Humidity stays 50-70% year round (thanks rainy Portland!).
ITB - Ocelli Cellars

Scott G r u n e r

#284 Post by Scott G r u n e r » April 10th, 2019, 3:44 pm

John Peacock wrote:
Mine is likewise built in my garage- but in my current house I can still fit cars (deep garage)

Like the cork floor a lot. I am planning something similar on the outside of the stark white door, but haven't got around to it yet.
//Cynic

John Peacock
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#285 Post by John Peacock » April 10th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Scott G r u n e r wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 3:44 pm
John Peacock wrote:
Mine is likewise built in my garage- but in my current house I can still fit cars (deep garage)

Like the cork floor a lot. I am planning something similar on the outside of the stark white door, but haven't got around to it yet.
That would make the contents too obvious. :) Currently it just looks like a storage room from the outside (other than the cooling unit).
ITB - Ocelli Cellars

Jeff_Davis

#286 Post by Jeff_Davis » April 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Took a more minimalist approach, space-wise vs my first cellar as I learned that few people like to hang out in 55 degree environments. This required cutting a 5’ hole in the foundation to create the entrance, but it was worth it.
A1EF868B-F2D9-4A99-A0B0-E7C04D04A5D9.jpeg
1AD05BA8-7DD3-4DED-9B6F-C573F3198504.jpeg
060555A2-08F5-415E-934C-9DFA64053D25.jpeg

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#287 Post by Anton D » April 10th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Jeff_Davis wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 4:45 pm
Took a more minimalist approach, space-wise vs my first cellar as I learned that few people like to hang out in 55 degree environments. This required cutting a 5’ hole in the foundation to create the entrance, but it was worth it.A1EF868B-F2D9-4A99-A0B0-E7C04D04A5D9.jpeg1AD05BA8-7DD3-4DED-9B6F-C573F3198504.jpeg060555A2-08F5-415E-934C-9DFA64053D25.jpeg
AWESOME!!! [cheers.gif]
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#288 Post by maureen nelson » April 10th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Ok trying to post pics. Not sure if i am doing it right.

Some shots in my old cellar as i was moving out of it.
Attachments
202873FC-ECCA-46F8-97F2-1D5977511E02.jpeg
1E719B95-DE6E-4211-9790-C36FFDFEDC61.jpeg
AFAE302E-E7F0-47B3-8A36-51B31E2FB562.jpeg

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#289 Post by maureen nelson » April 10th, 2019, 6:08 pm

When i put in a new cellar I knew I wanted some half bottle racking, which is double deep as is the burgundy racking below. Also double deep on bottom section opposite. I think these pics were taken in 2016 before i filled that bottom section with 2015 German riesling.

I seem to be failing quite spectacularly at posting these pix!

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#290 Post by maureen nelson » April 10th, 2019, 6:15 pm

Trying one more time.
Attachments
F8701B10-BFA9-44A9-B7D1-CC7FB8B37917.jpeg
7A21BE35-0401-412E-82C8-67C6C870C6E4.jpeg

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#291 Post by maureen nelson » April 10th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Not really very good shots I admit

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#292 Post by Mark Golodetz » April 11th, 2019, 4:56 am

I am curious how much the cost range per bottle is today. When I put mine in, around thirty years ago, I was working for Wine Enthusiast, so my rack cost was low, around $4 a bottle (retail was around $6) , with cooling and construction extra. This included curved corners, but no magnum bottles (they didn’t have them then).

Looking at the cost of cooling units, there has been a 50% increase since then, but I imagine racking has gone way beyond that.
ITB

Jake Jaggears

#293 Post by Jake Jaggears » April 11th, 2019, 6:49 am

A somewhat distorted "pano" of our cellar...we are about three years into our collection. Temperature controlled, access off the kitchen, sound, TV (above door - not pictured)...an amazing place to escape the Texas heat! Red Oak wood work, granite counters & ceramic tile flooring. Our escape [cheers.gif]

newhere

ykwon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#294 Post by ykwon » April 11th, 2019, 7:16 am

Jake - really nice cellar!
y 0 n 9
k w 0 n

T. Melloni
GCC Member
GCC Member

#295 Post by T. Melloni » April 11th, 2019, 8:00 am

I will add a word of appreciation to those posting photos of their cellar.
Much fun to see the variety of styles.
I am confident that I am not the only one who also looks at the bottles to try and discern some of the wines in the various cellars. As General Sternwood said, "nice state of affairs when a man who has to indulge his vices by proxy."
Tho m@s (sometimes); You can call me T.

Mike Reff

#296 Post by Mike Reff » April 11th, 2019, 9:08 am

Jake Jaggears wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 6:49 am
A somewhat distorted "pano" of our cellar...we are about three years into our collection. Temperature controlled, access off the kitchen, sound, TV (above door - not pictured)...an amazing place to escape the Texas heat! Red Oak wood work, granite counters & ceramic tile flooring. Our escape [cheers.gif]

newhere
Jake, off the kitchen??? It looks like a bunker!. Nice

blarmston

#297 Post by blarmston » April 11th, 2019, 10:11 am

Nice work Jake, that's a beautiful space. I would spend 75% of my time at home in there. Great mix of bins, vertical slots and display. Whats the bottle capacity?
-Brian Armston

Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member

#298 Post by Anton D » April 11th, 2019, 10:18 am

Jake Jaggears wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 6:49 am

newhere
Absolutely lovely!

It has a very inviting look!
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Ed Gonzales
GCC Member
GCC Member

#299 Post by Ed Gonzales » April 11th, 2019, 10:36 am

it took awhile. at least one side is done.
Attachments
Cellar.JPG
ed s @ n

Jake Jaggears

#300 Post by Jake Jaggears » April 11th, 2019, 10:43 am

blarmston wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 10:11 am
Nice work Jake, that's a beautiful space. I would spend 75% of my time at home in there. Great mix of bins, vertical slots and display. Whats the bottle capacity?
Thanks all - the corner shelves of the cellar at set an angle, so we can place single bottles on their side and "push" them back...and as we remove one, the next one "rolls" forward. Also the bottom racks on the back wall are double bottle deep...so in all, estimated 2,000 bottle capacity.

Return to “Wine Talk”