TN: 1973 Beaune

TN: 1973 Hospices de Beaune - Beaune Cuvee Rousseau-Deslandes

The ‘acquereur’ was Moillard, according to the label. My last bottle, all others have been drunk with pleasure. This was the most backward bottle of the lot, and perhaps the long dense cork played a role. Mid strawberry body with a dark orange rim. A gentle nose of pot pourri and dried cranberries. The silky palate is savoury with a hint of red liquorice and carries its medium body casually across my tongue. Fully mature, drinking well on its own and with Sunday lunch at home.

Nicos,

Boy, does that ever look like a Moillard wine! I hope I live long enough to enjoy my 1998 Beaune-Greves and Corton Clos du Roi and 1999 Romanee St. Vivant.

Really nice Nicos. Sounds like a great experience.

Aaaagh, the good life in N London continues.

Wow, the bottle and label appear near perfect for a 40+ year old wine. Well done, sounds lovely!

Hi Nicos - 70s and older wines are just about ready from Moillard/Thomas-Moillard and usually excellent. I think Harry’s got a bit of a wait for his 98s. I know my 99 RSVs are like chewing sand… :wink:

Hi Harry, you may be in for a long wait - good luck!

Don, thank you. It was a most enjoyable bottle.

Bob, it is a modest life.

Hi Bill, served blind, I would have guessed it was from 1985 or later! Send me an email in 2035 when your 99 RSV’s start to drink well… :wink: