What serious producers use all or mostly screwcap closures?

I was thinking of this the other day. The only premium producer that I know of who uses all or mostly screwcaps for their wines is Tercero, which I believe has been 100% finished under screwcap since they started in the 2016 vintage (other than a few small side projects like Le Deux Comtes).

Is there any other “premium,” “serious” or whatever other adjective you want to use producer who uses all or almost all screwcaps, including for their upper tier wines and including reds as well as whites?

I know screwcap adoption is higher in Germany and Australia, but I still can’t think of any others in Tercero’s class who have gone all-in or almost all-in. Thanks.

Chris,

You just saw two of these guys at Falltacular, Loring and Siduri, plus AP Vin. AP and Loring have been 100% since 2004, I believe.

Argyle and Willakenzie Estate use screw caps.
Nearly every New Zealand producer is using screw caps.

P Hickner

Siduri

I can’t believe I blanked on Loring and Siduri.

Keep em coming. Peter, when you say “New Zealand producers” and Argyle and Willakenzie, do you just mean they use them on some wines, or have they gone to screwcaps all or almost through their lineup?

Hexamer in Germany, Hirsch in Austria just to start the ball rolling for those two counties.

Small sample, but all of the wines in my Biggio Hamina Berserkerday 6-pack appear to be closed with screwcap. I think the oldest bottle is a '07.

Domaine des Baumard

Leeuwin. 100%, I believe.

Not sure how expansive your definition of ‘serious’ is, but I believe Boony Doon is all screw top

Penfolds…Bin 60a is the most expensive screw cap I have in my cellar. I think they are heading in that direction with most wines.

Lots of Aussies and NZs, I believe. Ones I’ve had myself are Clonakilla and Kumeu–very serious wines! (and good too)

Andrew Murray… I’d say they’re pretty serious, no?

Kelley Fox wines are seriously excellent and have screwcaps.

Argyle

Qupe.

Plumpjack.

Many out of CA.

The last SVD I had was cork. The Mirabi is screw cap, but I don’t think it’s 100%.

I hear the 2016’s are very fresh and youthful; almost ethereal. Evanescent, even.

[snort.gif]

I’ll offer a few producers and I’ll apologize in advance for any repeats or misguidance.

Chehalem - whites and reds including the recent Statement vintages
Elk Cove - whites and Rose
Trisaetum - Rieslings
Argyle
Roco
Maysara

James

Michel Laroche in Chablis, and Albert Mann.