Built-In Wine Fridge Recommendations

My brother, who is a very casual wine drinker, is remodeling his house and asked me for a recommendation for a built-in wine fridge for his kitchen, probably 50-60 bottles. I store all of my wine in professional offsite storage so I am not really familiar with this category. He mentioned Sub Zero, U-Line and Marvel. Please let me know of your experiences, good and bad, with those brands. Also, any brand he should look into other than those?

Thanksfor the help.

First order of business - NOT Vinotemp. Search here if you a curious to know more.

I’m about to start a built-in project for our dining room and I’m planning to go with the newer Le Cache Loft fridge (the larger). Le Cache Loft Series Modern Wine Cabinet Furniture The also have a 48 bottle version that looks to be sized the same as a dishwasher - both are front venting.

Quality seems to be quite good - I’m close enough to visit their show room. The larger Le Cache cabinet units are also well regarded.

I could be completely wrong, but all of the Sub Zero/U-Line, etc units seemed to be WAY overpriced - likely a margin maker for the company when a homeowner has to have a matching suite of appliances.

Thanks Mike. Yes, I am aware of the issues with Vinotemp and will stear him clear. I had forgotten about Le Cache but have read great things. Thanks for the reminder. Great suggestion!

My parents have a 40 bottle unit from sub zero and haven’t had any issues in 12 years. It’s a nice fridge.

We have this one, 5 years going strong. But I would expect something at this price range to last much longer than that

http://www.u-line.com/products/wine-captain-models/1024wc-24-wine-captainr-model-1000-series.html

It works well. Top racking is a bit tight because of the light/temp system is right there, so you can’t fit larger bottles.

We have an undercounter Edgestar that looks ok and has largely functioned ok with the exception of a blown compressor relay after just two years. Despite this, I would still recommend at a fraction of the price, particularly as I was able to order a replacement relay off Amazon for $3 and follow the YouTube video from Edgestar to replace the relay. It’s obviously a known problem with the compressor relay, but the fix was surprisingly easy and I got some cool street cred from the wife when I fixed it.

Bang for buck, I recommend.

I am new here and have moved my walk in down to the office and have nothing at home and wanted to get something around 100 or more bottles, I may have looked at Vinotemp and I am not familiar with the issues, can you share that information with me?
thanks

William, welcome to the Board. Vinotemp is known to have not only quality issues with their cabinets but also terrible customer service. If you take 10 minutes to do a search and just browse through the multiple threads on Vinotemp, you’ll see why most if not all on this Board steer clear.

-Juyuan

Thank you so much for the welcome and good very valuable advice, vinotemp- the name sounded familiar, I’m not sure if that is the brand I had landed on, but now with this good warning I will absolutely stay clear. I looked it up now I’m thinking it might have been Eurocave, have others found that a good one?
Yours is the kindest note I’ve received, so much of my welcome has been ranging from whiplash to Bronco or bull challenge.
Be well
Wg