Wine Steals

Hey Guys,

Just thought of maybe a thread of where we can talk about amazing deals or steals you might have scored!

My first is the 2010 Gaja Barbaresco for $71 with shipping which is around 55% lower than the lowest full bottle on WS!

Ah. One of my favorites, this comes up every few years and is lots of fun. Has to be relative to the existing market levels as everything from the '70s / '80s / '90s looks like a ‘steal’ in light of today’s pricing.

Ok. Back in the late '90s. I found a well stored imperial of 1990 Margaux for $500.

And in the early '00s, on a wine list in New Orleans, found 1990 Lafleur for $100.

In the early '10s, found a case of 1999 Rouget ‘Parantoux’ for $325 per bottle

More recently, just a few months ago in Memphis, TN, found 2001 Cavallotto ‘San Giuseppe Riserva’ Barolo for $100

And should that thread also include where others might find this fortunate “steal?”

1996 Salon for $285 after tax. Just a few months ago. This was at Goody Goody in Little Elm, TX. sorry, bought all of them at that price.

3900 bottles of Selosse, $0.

Kind of funny…though not to Anselme

Ebay, guy was clearing out his grandmother’s cellar and didn’t know what he was selling

I’ve done this before. Some bottles were worth 10x what I paid for them. One of the bottles sold for around 40x what I paid for it.

Best way to do it haha, got the 2011 Cayuse Cailloux for $30 less then closest retail last week!

it’s legal to sell wine on ebay?!

I have no idea but I always see “ebay Italy” on Wine Searcher.

If you are a legal wine retailer and get approved to sell alcohol on their site, than yes.

Acker Merill is selling 1990 DRC for $250 a bottle, no returns possible

magnums of 90 DRC La Tache for $550 each

I did my best to make it up to him on my visit to his hotel last September. He has most of my money now.

Excessibe Ballington! (Hope that you are not too new here to get the joke…)

It looks like some posts got deleted. For the record, I wanted to say that, yes, I pay taxes on all my profits. Also, I receive tax deductions for my charitable donations.

I just picked up 3 Zalto Universal glasses for $5 at an estate sale!

This has a lot to do with your age - anyone who purchased 1982 Bordeaux futures can attest to that -

1982 LAFITE ROTHSCHILD - $33.00
1982 PICHON LALANDE $8.33

Get my drift?

And for the guys that are older than me - they had the incredible 60s where they purchased 1961 Latour for three dollars a bottle -

A fun exercise though -

WTF?!?! I should be so lucky. But I picked up 4 universal glasses on ebay for $80 a year ago.

2 years ago I ran by my local grocer, never really have great wines, but I walked by the close out bin and lo and behold 3 bottles of Pride Cab and 2 Pride merlots marked at $30 each, not bad.

I check their wines more carefully.