Ultramarine in the house!

I can’t wait to try one of these. Wife would kill me if I open one when she’s out of town. Anyone had a taste recently?

yes, the 2010s are brilliant…i’ve felt that they’ve needed some air to open up. tried a sample of their 2011 BdB yesterday and it’ll be quite good too!

Mine arrived yesterday as well. The bottles are gorgeous, can’t wait to try one of each.

Matt, since you’ve already tried the '11 do you know if anything else will be added to the lineup or will it still be the Heitz BDB and Rose?

I believe it’s still the same lineup on the Ultramarine side. Michael is adding a sparkling Valdiguié as a part of his Cruse Wine Company label. Tried a sampling of that yesterday and it was really good…I’ll be buying once it’s released.

I will be opening up both bottlings either tonight or something this weekend. Looking forward to it, to say the least. Matt has been doing a fine job of burning a hole in my wallet with this and Clisson.

Got an email the other day saying they had 24 6-packs left to the “second” wave. Replied within 5 minutes and have not heard back yet. They said 24 hours. Hope to get an allocation, Everyone seems to rave so far.

Drinking the Rose tonight. Man this is good and unique stuff. As others have said, it need a bit of air and then the nose is just sick! I can’t even describe it. Very aromatic and fruity, but then you taste it and it’s linear and focused. It just begs you to drink more and yet cellar it at the same time. I’m pleased and confused all at once. I want to drink all that I own, yet cellar it. First world problems for me.

We had a BdB around the holidays. One of the most memorable wines of the year. Stunning stuff for sure and definitely looking to get my hands on more…all this coming from someone who isn’t a fan of bubbles!

Had the rosé a couple weeks ago. It was OK but I didn’t get all the hype.

A quick follow of Matt on instagram and I uncovered a pic of a 2012 BDN that will be added to the lineup. Awesome. champagne.gif

Crappy website. No information what.so.ever.

bumping this as the 2011 release is slated to be available to those on the list tomorrow!

Having finally had the Rose (thanks to Rebelle in NYC… last bottle they had was popped as a way to introduce two of my good friends to how good wine can be without being something that breaks the bank) and the BdB a couple of times now, this is one of the releases I’ve been looking forward to this summer. If it is 6 pack minimums again, it certainly won’t give me pause to order. More than happy to drink these once a week (or more).

I signed up hut haven’t heard a single thing since. :frowning:

How do these wines fit into the stylistic spectrum in relation to Champagne and other California sparklers (Schramsberg, Roederer Estate, etc.)?

Anyone have the offer in their inbox yet?

not yet – I just came looking here to see if anyone else had, too. I was on the list for the first release, but didn’t buy, so I’m hoping that didn’t knock me off for this round.

I did buy the first release, and wouldn’t have realized a fall offering was imminent but for stumbling across this thread. No emails yet.

Nothing yet for me either… been keeping an eye out.

Same here. I have 1 bottle of the 6 I bought. Looking forward to more!

Same boat. Drank all but one of my first 6.
Need more!!!
No email yet for me.