Widely available cheap bright Pinot Noir?

After bagging on Meiomi, I should probably suggest some widely available non~jammy, food friendly PNs to recommend for a wine list.

We are looking sub $25 retail.

In the $20 range, Au Bon Climat, Byron, Fritz all make decent entry level Pinots.

Erath.

Trying to think outside the box…if you want something at a lower price point, the Acacia A Pinot Noir is quite decent for a sub-$10 Pinot Noir. It’s not overdone and neither a fruit bomb, nor an oak stick. I believe first recommended to me (the Board) by Craig Vanderah-rah sis boom bah.

The Patty Green Reserve can come in just a shade under $20 and is also plenty good.

Rivers-Marie Sonoma Coast

I picked up a couple Au Bon Climat - Santa Barbara County for $21 at a local wine store. Really enjoyed it. As far as Cali goes, I’d imagine it extremely tough to find a more balanced Pinot for sub $25.

What kind of a wine list is it Chris?

The Graham Beck Brut Rosé sparkling is a crowd pleaser that’s widely available for $15 or less and, if memory serves, 51% PN.

• 2013 Laetitia Winery Pinot Noir Estate - USA, California, Central Coast, Arroyo Grande Valley (1/7/2015)
    Really enjoy the '11 & '12 vintages of this wine, still have quite a few remaining. I’ll be loading up on the '13 now. This wine hits on all cylinders; great price at $18, Readily available at most big grocery stores, a pinot noir under $20, and a cellar defender. A true category killer that would be worth twice the price.

On the darker side for pinot, magenta. Nose has an entrancing herbal note, spicy, with dark fruit. Palate is squarely in the sights of the pinot lover. Spice, Rosemary, and dark Berry fruit. Tannins are very fine, this drinks beautifully on the pop and pour. Medium finish.

Best pinot under $20 on the planet, bar none.

Posted from CellarTracker

I like the ABC Pinot too. Another really good one which isn’t “widely available” but is “easily available” (direct) is Navarro.

I haven’t had it in a couple of years but Ponzi makes a decent entry-level pinot that’s generally available around 20 bucks. Bright is a pretty good descriptor from what i remember. Disappeared locally after hitting the WS top 100 list before I could try the current vintage.

Had a very nice 2012 Bouchard Bourgogne that was a little more than $20, would recommend.

Otherwise, why bother with Pinot when you can get fantastic cru Beaujolais from J-P Brun and the like for >$20?

Light Horse PN from WL @ $12 is pretty damn acceptable. +1 to Laetitia. Their bubbles are also really solid for the $$.

Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Rosé, 100% PN, @ $22.

A to Z Pinot from Willamette, not bad and widely distributed for around $16.

I have found La Crema to be a reliable supermarket CA pinot. Rich enough and usually just a hint of funk to add some dimension.

Adelsheim Willamette Valley - $25 retail

The Patty Green Reserve can come in just a shade under $20 and is also plenty good.

I just recommended to some friends today that have planted 25 acres nearby. The women are starting to have a presence in the valley. [wow.gif]

It has to be widely available for a distributor to hook the restaurant up.

Here is the current list:
image.jpg

Your distributor loves some Wagner wines

One of their people used to rep Wagner.