How to Ship from K&L to Illinois?

I have some orders waiting for more inclement weather. Didn’t realize their policy had changed.

Any suggestions on who to use? Do I need to use a 3rd party shipper?

Pretty simple. You have it shipped to me. I take out a bottle or two (handling fee) and repackage it and ship to you. [thumbs-up.gif]

When I spoke with K&L regarding shipping to Indiana last fall, they indicated that they could use such a shipper if I wanted it shipped to Indiana (a no ship state for them). I had an alternate address so I declined but perhaps you can ask them if they have such a remedy in place?

Thanks for the info. I did see the other thread. I’ll have to work something out.

Good luck.
I had an order that was held due to weather. K&L received a cease and desist letter from Iowa 2 days before I called to arrange shipping. When I called, I was told there was nothing they could do except refund my money. Shipping to me would be a felony according to them. They told me using an alternate shipper didn’t change things. These were wines for an upcoming tasting for our group. Lead to a fast scramble to replace those wines.

Looking at their shipping page, they can now only ship to 18 states. Something must have changed and a huge number of states all hit them at once with similar letters.

Sounds like a bunch of middlemen hired some law firms to provide ‘guidance’ to local state liquor commissions.