As I sit here contemplating new purchases, I am glad to be realizing....I don't need them...

…twice as much as they don’t need me anymore.

My mind spins at some of the pricing schemes out there. I am SO glad I am on the downswing from this hypnotically addictive thing we are all part of. I am buying 2-3 bottles a week retail and having a f-ing blast drinking them 2-3 times a week. I am sticking to favorite’s list wines until I awake one day and unstick myself. All are fair game. I drink what I want not what someone else wants me to drink or tells me I should be drinking. I smile more, I am less competitive with myself and it all feels quite good.
I am feeling liberated. I aim on a zero cc balance by April 1st and am on track to achieve just that.

Cheers!

Yeah, but you are going to owe Todd for therapy services rendered.

Yes. Cheaper than the alternative.

I know what you are feeling, it’s called a lull.

champagne.gif

Proud of you Mike. Walk toward the light.

Now that my wife has retired, I deleted several e mails form favored lists that I’m on. It gets easier to delete with every new e mail. [wink.gif]
Now if Todd could unload BerserkerDay…

Not sure I understand, Mike…are you stopping buying wine? “CC”? Have moved to other things? Trying to not have wine anymore?

Stuart, certainly travelling lighter, even if just a bit.

no good offers, huh?

Mike…I cut back a few years ago and only buy a few wines religiously (still too many). I hope to have your discipline soon…congrats

I am cutting back this year as well and it feels great so far. I picked up 2.5 cases of 2013 Burgs in early January and haven’t touched a thing since. Passed on all the most recent offers out of California and am going to sit things out for awhile. I will probably pick up some of my normal cabs later in the year (Myriad, Quivet, Realm), and that will do it for the year.

I realized this year that I would rather start making a dent in my 1,500 bottle cellar than spend the money. I suspect I will do this for a year or two, and then get the itch again.

I’m at 18 bottles in, 20 bottles out for the year so far. Ideally I wouldn’t have bought anything, but I’ll take small victories where I can find them. And two bottles purchased are bottles that I’m holding for friends, so extra points there for me.

My wine buying is down 43% vs the same period last year.

Still too much, but baby steps.

I still bought more so far this year than we consumed by 4. Not good, Berserker Day strikes again! [snort.gif]

Changing of the guard? Someone will clearly come along to take our place in this wicked game.

April Fools? Isn’t it ironic?

I love irony. It’ so…ironic.
lol

Help me Obi-Wan! Those are words of wisdom. I have found myself with this struggle, in where I want to try everything that hits my in box. The latest rounds of releases are trying my will to refrain. Actually, reading this board contributes to my habit [cheers.gif]

My consumption is down over 50% YTD. Purchases are down about 15%. Purchases will drop even more now that my winter buying has ended with the Bedrock release. It is possible to scale back and still enjoy wine. Just at a little slower pace.

One strategy I’m trying is, if I’m really itching to buy something, to purchase fewer bottles. Yes, I’d like to have a case, but really, six bottles, maybe even three, will do.