The swallows in San Juan Capistrano - the Falltacular 2015 thread

Another amazing year of Franktacular . . . err, Falltacular, today. Great people, food, wine and purpose.

Let’s consolidate our tasting notes and photos here. I’ll start posting some photos in some replies below, then I and others can post some tasting notes and impressions when we get the chance. Big love to The Roman Numeral for an amazing event and for the good vibes it spread all around.

image.jpg
The group hearing about Laura’s House. The event may raise over $20k for this worthy charity that cares for victims of domestic violence.

image.jpg
Brig Campbell and his brother in law churning out round after round of killer grub off the grill.

image.jpg
The gorgeous photo of the Monte Rosso Vineyard, taken and made by WBer Larry Piggins, which we won at the auction. Already up on our wall at home. This cell phone photo doesn’t do it justice, I’ll take another later.

image.jpg
Adam Lee, Brian Loring and Larry Schaffer having a laugh together.

image.jpg
The auction in the garage. It likely generated $10k or more for Laura’s House. I bought a magnum of 2000 Carlisle Mondeuse, two bottles of Sandler pinot, and the photo by Larry Piggens.

image.jpg
The pre-Falltacular dinner last night.
image.jpg

Yeah boy!

I shot a ton of pix and I’ll post them.

I have a bunch of tasting notes, in my brain, and won’t be able to unload until Sunday night.

Mike G took diligent notes which he’ll post once he clears customs.

Best falltacular ever? It was off the hook.

image.jpg
Doesn’t do it justice, but better than the last photo. Great work,Larry.

round 1
DSC_0082.JPG
DSC_0081.JPG
DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG
DSC_0084.JPG
DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

image.jpg
throwing out the universal Mondeuse sign in respect of my auction prize.

Thanks for starting the thread, Chris, and the awesome photos!

Wow, looks like an amazing event. Well done Frank and everyone. If possible, can you label who the people are in the pics? I know some of you, but that would be great.

Looks like a great event for a great cause. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
JP

Oops–you got started earlier than I did, Chris! Todd, can you merge mine with Chris’ here? Thx!

Mike

Tremendous event for a really special cause. Uplifting that there is an organization so well run with such great intentions. Heartbreaking that it is needed and called upon so often.

Nice to put faces to many of the names in here.

Two hot places, the BBQ which was full for a solid 90 minutes and the auction.

I’m trying to get the video of the of the auction countdown and all the sniping, what a zoo!!!
image.jpg
image.jpg