You are given $1500 and told to spend it on something wine related.

Hypothetically, a close relative leaves you $1500 to spend on anything you like as long as it is related to wine. It can be anything from a great bottle of Rosseau Chambertin, 6 bottles of Pichon Lalande 1989 to 750 bottles of two buck chuck, glassware wine books etc. What would you do with it?

Does paying existing wine-related bills count??

No

I’d try to buy some wines we both would have loved, so that the memory is jogged every time a bottle is opened.

Save it for Berseker Day and then go, well, ya know, berserk…

In the spirit of family; I’d buy 3 bottles of '01 Yquem (I’d have to kick in a bit) It’s a birth year wine for my son.

More storage

http://www.rarewineco.com/wine/1982-giacosa-bruno-barolo-collina-rionda-riserva-750ml/?

Charter a helicopter and land in front of the Screaming Eagle tasting room.

+1

That would be a nice credit for BD

One epic bottle that I wouldn’t ever have any other way.

Champagne. Probably stuff like Pierre Péters Chetillons, vintage Krug, etc. that my wife and I both like. Then we could toast the memory of the relative.

Mark, they’re getting overpriced now but if I had $1500 to spend it might be nice to invest it in some Tiery Allemand Cornas. Just had the 2007 and it was already special. Even now, at its current $150 price tag its actually a decent deal for a world class NR from one of its top producers. I’d also be tempted to buy a Biondi Santi Brunello Reserva for $500-$600 to know what that’s like. Might be a good investment too since the old man died recently.

Easy. Plane tickets and a hotel in Tampa for a week.

:slight_smile:

Exactly. Berns is it.

Buy a plane ticket to Piedmont or Jura for 4 days of wine-tasting and glorious eating. Will definitely have to pony up some out-of-pocket dinero, but the $1500 will definitely come in handy.

Call the Riedel people and have them design a glass with a corkscrew, UPS scanner and foil cutter all attached and call it The Pobega XXXL

I definitely would use it for travel! For $1,500 – probably just napa/sonoma, as that would leave me extra money to bring back some wine… Times that number by 10 and give me $15,000 – and I’ll happily go explore France, Italy and Spain instead! And also buy a set of Zaltos!

Great thread idea. Unfortunately, all this makes me want to do is to just put $1500 on the credit card and do it myself. I’d probably buy some high end birth year wines… a bottle of Krug, Taittinger CdC, Leoville Las Cases, Yquem, and Gaja Barolo come to mind… And a Zalto for all of the tasting.

From Minneapolis, that will cover the plane ticket and maybe, leave you $200 left to spend.