Scherrer

a very nice article that sums up why many of us swear by Fred’s wines.

This article is spot on. Fred and Judi are some of the nicest people on the planet and they make great wine also. I had an added bonus at last Novembers open house when I got to talk (aka listen) with Fred’s dad Ed about his wine growing days in Alexander Valley - great experience.

Nice wine. Nice people. Nice prices. Nice customer service.

Phil Jones

Thanks for the link, good article. And anything that helps him sell more of his wonderful wine is a plus.

Thanks for sharing this. I’m gotta open me some more Scherrer now.

In addition to good wines, Fred and Judi have superior customer service.

And Fred plays really good guitar.

Great stuff.

Good article! Captures much of what we like about Fred and his wines.

He is truly a fine person and winemaker.

Peter Rosback

Sineann (ITB)

I have in the back of my head that my 2013 zin futures should arrive sometime around now. Does anyone happen to know?

I received last years futures on 4/3/14, so they should be hitting the road soon.

My last years futures were shipped on April 17.

+1 – Definitely have enjoyed some Shale Terrance Zin, OMV Zin, Sasha Syrah and various Cabs from Scherrer over the years. Reminds me to get back there and pick up a few this summer.

My wife and I just spend a couple hours with Fred a few weeks ago. We loved talking about life, our families and of course the wines. While the OMVs get the headlines - I believe he makes very ageworthy and underrated Cabernets as well. He also makes a wide variety of wines so he listens to you , and your input and opens up some wines to fit that style. A great visit and a lot of fun. I mean I think we both teared up a bit talking about our daughters - though at very different stages in their lives. Very great experience we shared over a glass.

These are the dates of the pickup parties.
Two weekends

April 10 - 12 & 17 -19

from 10 to 5 each day.

Probably ship around this time.

Great article. I think his pinots are great and I keep buying library releases. The so-called entry level Sonoma PN can be killer.

Cheers,
Doug

ALL of Fred’s wines are great. Never had a wine I didn’t like.

We drink a lot of Scherrer yet it still is the #1 wine in my cellar with 248 bottles. Back to 2002. And, yes we drank a 2003 Chardonnay last summer and it was outstanding. They age very well.

I’ve liked the few OMV Zins that I’ve tried, but tasted a 2003 Alexander Valley Cabernet (in 2010) that was pretty awful – sweet and simple with no structure at all. Reading through the notes on CT, I’m thinking this must have been cooked, because it was nothing like what other notes are describing.

248 bottles of Scherrer in inventory? Damn. Scherra’ balla’

That’s before the spring release in the next month. But, also before the bottles I’ll drink between now and receipt.

Be sure to save some space for the Dry Rose. Our favorite.

Scherrer rose rocks