$300 for Oregon Pinot

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
dougwilder

Re: $300 for Oregon Pinot

#51 Post by dougwilder » March 7th, 2019, 11:53 am

KathrynHermann wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 3:31 am
Hi everyone, I just want to set the record straight here for "Double Zero" which is now 00 Wines. Unfortunately, this article is still out there because Bloomberg News has very good SEO for obvious reasons. My husband Chris Hermann and I are the owners of 00 Wines, a family-based business. We took over the brand and started a new company in 2015. We bought Mikey's 2013 and 2014 wines in barrel that were produced for Chapter 24 and started a new business entity. My husband has been working in the Willamette Valley for 30 years on the business side, helping winegrowers and winemakers with their business needs. Our winemaker starting in 2018 is Wynne Peterson-Nedry, who is a second-generation Willamette Valley winemaker. My background is in the high-tech startup world, so now I am running our website / DTC / all things computer-based :) We are focused on making Willamette Valley Chardonnay (and starting with '17, we produced 7 single vineyard Chardonnays that we bottled yesterday), although 25% of our 2000 case production is Pinot Noir in the original 500L clay amphorae that Mikey used. We love the mouthfeel and flavors of the amphorae fermented Pinot. Our current pricing is $75 - $150. Yes there are many amazing producers that we know and love in the valley. We are a new brand with lots of team experience, trying to make something that is new and interesting to us, and we want to share that with the world. Our new website launched last week: https://www.00wines.com (I'm up at 3:30am still working on it - still some content to add in there!) Please check it out and enjoy our wines if our project sounds appealing to you! If not, that's ok, there are many other Willamette Valley winemakers that we know and love to support doing great things with different price points and varietals. Thanks for the opportunity to share the new story of 00 Wines here.
Kathryn, I was happy to meet you at OCC, and see that Wynne is involved. You will find that Berserkers is a good forum but can be a tough crowd unless they think they discovered something all by themselves. :)
itb

Return to “Wine Talk”