What Bedrock wine are you drinking tonight?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What Bedrock wine are you drinking tonight?

#3151 Post by Brian Tuite »

Rich Brown wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:05 pm Welp.....not exactly a 'glowing review' ;)
In hindsight it may have been mildly corked. I tried to pick it up on the cork when I got that mildew note on day 2 but I couldn’t confirm it so I left it at that. Based on feedback from others I may sway towards flawed.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Adam G

#3152 Post by Adam G »

Brian Tuite wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:51 pm
Rich Brown wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:05 pm Welp.....not exactly a 'glowing review' ;)
In hindsight it may have been mildly corked. I tried to pick it up on the cork when I got that mildew note on day 2 but I couldn’t confirm it so I left it at that. Based on feedback from others I may sway towards flawed.
FWIW, that's the one I had that was corked. Morgan replaced it, and the replacement was excellent.
A. Gr0ssm@n

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3153 Post by Brian Tuite »

Adam G wrote: February 21st, 2021, 3:02 pm
Brian Tuite wrote: February 20th, 2021, 7:51 pm
FWIW, that's the one I had that was corked. Morgan replaced it, and the replacement was excellent.
Morgan already offered a replacement bottle. He rocks.

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

”Dammit Brian, until you tuited this diatribe, I was haiku aging my shit.” ~ Alfert

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Glenn L e v i n e
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3154 Post by Glenn L e v i n e »

Glenn L e v i n e wrote: February 18th, 2021, 5:18 pm After my recent wow with 2016 BR Heritage I brought the 15 to have slowly, over the next several nights while I work in Co with no sit-down dining.

Night one, the 15 might be better.
Ended up with a glass on nights 1,3,4,5. Wine was best on night 3; drank well until the bottle was dry as mummy pussy.
"Never lose sight of the fact that it is just fermented grape juice" - a winemaker and negotiant in Napa Valley, CA

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3155 Post by Brian Tuite »

Glenn L e v i n e wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 7:16 am
Ended up with a glass on nights 1,3,4,5. Wine was best on night 3; drank well until the bottle was dry as mummy pussy.
Sounds pretty dry man. rolleyes

WOTY Candidates

18 O&F Old Hill
16 LL 1910 Block
18 W&M Shifflett

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3156 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

Brian Tuite wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 8:11 am
Glenn L e v i n e wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 7:16 am
Sounds pretty dry man. rolleyes
I bet Frisch can still find some residual sugar [rofl.gif]
CT and IG: rieslinghoarder

2021 WOTY Candidates:

2019 Hofgut Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Spätlese feinherb “Meyer Nepal” #11
2006 Billecart-Salmon Champagne Cuvée Nicolas-François Billecart

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3157 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

18 California Syrah on deck tonight

T Fletcher
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3158 Post by T Fletcher »

Just to further confirm Brian's 17 Pato was corked I opened the same wine the night before. Pato has become one of my faves.
  • 2017 Bedrock Wine Co. Heritage Wine Pato Vineyard - USA, California, San Francisco Bay, Contra Costa County (2/19/2021)
    Initial pop and pour but ultimately consumed over two days; the nose explodes right off the pour with big blue and purple fruit; perfumed and layered with exotic spices; on the palate, the fruit was forward and perfectly ripe and fresh; more savory than sweet; tannins are still firm and somewhat gritty so give it some air; plenty of acid to help maintain the structure and draw you back for another sip.

The blend of fruit from this Heritage vineyard is really well done and not like the other Heritage wines. I see people referring to Zin in other reviews but I get more Petitie, Carignan and Mataro here. The Zin may be there and offer some of the sweetness and acid structure but this drinks more Rhone to me. Not so much the "meatiness" but more stone/mineral, lavender, smoke and black tea. On Day 2, the palate did exhibit more of an "animalistic" profile that I expect from Petitie and Carignan but not considerably different from Day 1.

This was one of the more profound Bedrocks for me (and I've had plenty) and further confirms how great MTP is at his craft. Great value to be had here.
Posted from CellarTracker
Trent Fletcher
CT: tcufletch

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3159 Post by Brian S t o t t e r »

2019 Ode To Lulu Rosé

Light salmon color. Fresh strawberry, Haribo peach, orange blossom, crushed rocks, and lightly toasted bread. Fresh and vibrant on the palate with great precision. I think this could last another couple years at least but it's sooooo good right now.
CT and IG: rieslinghoarder

2021 WOTY Candidates:

2019 Hofgut Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Spätlese feinherb “Meyer Nepal” #11
2006 Billecart-Salmon Champagne Cuvée Nicolas-François Billecart

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3160 Post by Michael Martin »

2012 Griffin’s Lair Syrah.
From a magnum. 80% whole cluster, 12% Viognier.
Great spot right now. Beef jerky, with a side of tapenade and a bit of blackberry syrup on top. A dollop of menthol on the finish. Great wine.
The Griffin’s have only gotten better over time.

Return to “Wine Talk”